Author Topic: Are these results possible????  (Read 4770 times)

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
Are these results possible????
« on: August 24, 2016, 01:06:43 PM »
Does anyone believe this lady achieved these results using the DNA appliance (non surgically)?  This looks good even for double jaw surgery standards. 

"Using the DNA Appliance ® (Daytime Nighttime Appliance) system, we can treat the teeth, jaws, temporomandibular joints (TMJ), face and airway for optimal growth and development by engaging the patient’s underlying genetics without the use of surgery.  Using the principles of Epigenetic Orthodontics, this technique activates one’s naturally occurring genes to correct underdevelopment in the craniofacial region with removable appliances worn during the evening and nighttime - during the body’s natural circadian rhythm. The bones in the craniofacial region are remodeled over time, non-surgically making a foundational correction to the structure of the airway. It is a pain-free, minimally invasive process which uses no drugs, medication, or injections.

The DNA Appliance gently expands the upper arch space in three dimensions, which in turn increases the size of the nasal cavity. As the upper arch is widened, the lower jaw is able to move forward into a more natural position. As the jaw moves forward, it pulls the tongue and soft tissues, thus increasing the size of the airway. The result is a dramatic improvement in the patient’s ability to breathe.

The CT imaging shown above compares the width of the airway (in red) "Before" treatment with the DNA Appliance and "After", clinically documenting the expansion in the airway in an adult patient.

This unique appliance, based upon a patented design, is worn like a dental or orthodontic retainer; however, it is worn only in the evening/night and gently guides the teeth, jaws, facial bones and airway into more optimal spatial positioning aiding sleep and breathing patterns. In contrast to other appliances that rely on continuous force only – which damages sensitive tissue – the DNA appliance applies intermittent force, providing a resting period for the tissues between nightly use.
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Are these results possible????
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 02:02:18 PM »
f**k i'm sold how much is this thing? i'll only begin using it a year out from surgery once I'm totally healed.

JimmyTheGent

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 07:04:49 AM »
How did her face move forward so much with just an orthodontic appliance??  She went from a relatively flat face to an ante-face with a big airway. 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

thinkingme

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 07:35:45 AM »
How did her face move forward so much with just an orthodontic appliance??  She went from a relatively flat face to an ante-face with a big airway.

she tilt his head up

Bobbit

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 07:39:13 AM »
I call BS on the before and after of the face.

The vertical posture of the face is rotated from one pic to the other and therefore the red line drawings are meaningless.

thinkingme

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 08:25:16 AM »
and bottom picture look neck posture. she just pushin his head forward.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 08:41:53 AM »
I call BS on the before and after of the face.

The vertical posture of the face is rotated from one pic to the other and therefore the red line drawings are meaningless.
That's OK. I think Wolford does the same.

JimmyTheGent

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 08:59:19 AM »
You guys are right it definitely looks like her head is titled two different ways but what about the measurements of the palate?  It doesn't look like it just pushed the teeth to the outer part of the dental arch, it looks like the actual palate has expanded.  Of course there is no real evidence to support that new bone was created or anything and if new bone was created its pretty foolish not to prove it to get more customers. 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »

dude just look at her chin, in one her face is tipped down in the next it's like 45 degrees up. BS pics.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 11:29:02 AM »
she's got nuts on her chin!

JimmyTheGent

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 01:16:55 PM »
she's got nuts on her chin!

How you healing up Lazlo?  U still loopy from the surgery and hydrocodone?  When do you go back to Sinn for a checkup? 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 07:30:34 PM »
How you healing up Lazlo?  U still loopy from the surgery and hydrocodone?  When do you go back to Sinn for a checkup?

I'm fine. My chin feels kind of numb. Oddly numbness set in a few weeks AFTER surgery in my case. But it's not too bad. I am only 30 days out of surgery. I'm off all pain meds. I mean my cheeks feel really heavy and sort of as if they're made of clay but I'm assuming all that's normal. Lookswise it's "okay" not bad at all. But jaw surgery was just the foundation of all the other s**t I need. Mission accomplished.

I do still feel my maxilla is kind of narrow. We don't know if my bite is seriously off or just a bit right now. Been checking in with my ortho who says we can fix with elastics no need for re-do of surgery, yet.

I kind of wish my lower jaw was brought forward 4 more mm. But i didn't have CCW in the Gunson/Arnett style so I kind of lost that chance.

But honestly for all of you fretting about jaw surgery it's so not a big deal. So what even if you have 3 weeks bad pain like I did. What's that where your whole life is concerned? I mean I was treated fine, no nausea, no breathing problems. Recovery ain't a walk in the park, but it isn't hell either. I'm sure breaking a leg or something is WAY more trauma than jaw surgery.

JimmyTheGent

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 03:01:59 PM »

I'm fine. My chin feels kind of numb. Oddly numbness set in a few weeks AFTER surgery in my case. But it's not too bad. I am only 30 days out of surgery. I'm off all pain meds. I mean my cheeks feel really heavy and sort of as if they're made of clay but I'm assuming all that's normal. Lookswise it's "okay" not bad at all. But jaw surgery was just the foundation of all the other s**t I need. Mission accomplished.

I do still feel my maxilla is kind of narrow. We don't know if my bite is seriously off or just a bit right now. Been checking in with my ortho who says we can fix with elastics no need for re-do of surgery, yet.

I kind of wish my lower jaw was brought forward 4 more mm. But i didn't have CCW in the Gunson/Arnett style so I kind of lost that chance.

But honestly for all of you fretting about jaw surgery it's so not a big deal. So what even if you have 3 weeks bad pain like I did. What's that where your whole life is concerned? I mean I was treated fine, no nausea, no breathing problems. Recovery ain't a walk in the park, but it isn't hell either. I'm sure breaking a leg or something is WAY more trauma than jaw surgery.
Did you have a 3-piece Lefort? Did u have a clogged nose pre-surgery and how is it now? Is your palate numb? Thanks for the detailed response, glad recovery is going well for you!!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 03:02:57 PM »
Did you have a 3-piece Lefort? Did u have a clogged nose pre-surgery and how is it now? Is your palate numb? Thanks for the detailed response, glad recovery is going well for you!!

yeah, no numbness, no breathing problems all was perfect/clear

David_D

• Private
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 08:12:44 AM »
It looks to me like her teeth are tipped outward on the upper arch.  My orthodontist advised against adult non-surgical palatal expansion, stating that it simply tips the teeth.  While I do not know whether or not this is the case, in this photo it looks like it to me.  That said, that result might be totally sufficient for creating a number of benefits.