Author Topic: The skull can change shape - Wolff's Law  (Read 3562 times)

Lestat

The skull can change shape - Wolff's Law
« on: December 10, 2016, 02:46:00 AM »
Please look at this:

https://cranialintelligence.com/2012/01/10/the-skull-can-change-shape/

Bones grow in response to the forces exerted on them – Wolff’s Law.

The images show that if we change the forces acting on a skull even adult bones will remould themselves.

Purely hypothetical: if I would hit my cheekbones every day will they get bigger over time due to the Wolff's Law?

Anyone knows?

MrFox

Re: The skull can change shape - Wolff's Law
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 02:48:14 AM »
Or would they start to grow inwards?

ppsk

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 03:35:20 AM »
the forces would have to be near constant.

hitting yourself in the face  ahahhahah  ;D

you should really take anything you read off lookism with a grain of salt, a lot of them are abject morons.

The short version of this is there are groups of people who have been trying to exploit this very principle and their results have been less than stellar to say the least. I'd invest your time into surgery research, the pay off will be better.

Lestat

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 03:49:56 AM »
Theoretically, this should work. Any time you stress bone enough, it creates microfractures. If you did this consistently and for long enough, the bone would remodel itself thicker as it repaired the fractures to resist the stress more. I don't think you would have to hit the bone that hard, either. Dunno how visible or permanent any change would be though.

Lestat

ppsk

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 04:42:02 AM »
Please read this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156141743&page=1

before i opened the thread i knew there would not be a single bit of evidence provided. And i was right. Not one photo.

Ive been through this line of inquiry before lestat, its a folly. Trust me, nothing will come of this. This is on the same level of guys chewing huge wads of gum or resin or leather to force the mandible into growing and of course it doesnt their masseters just get hypertrophied and they look bloated.

Lestat

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 08:17:49 AM »
before i opened the thread i knew there would not be a single bit of evidence provided. And i was right. Not one photo.

Legit

Lestat

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 08:20:28 AM »
This is on the same level of guys chewing huge wads of gum or resin or leather to force the mandible into growing and of course it doesnt their masseters just get hypertrophied and they look bloated.

I asked a worldclass surgeon about that. He told me you would get a broader face (bigger masseter) without any doubt. But don't chew to much or you will get headache from it.

reareror

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 12:26:22 PM »
Theoretically, this should work. However, determining how to practically apply this is a whole other story. For instance, hitting your cheekbones could actually have the opposite effect. There are oral appliances that are built to widen the lower face and I would probably go with one of those, before I started hitting or pulling on parts of my face.

There was some guy on one forum who made a face-pulling device and used it. It seemed to work but he looked f**kin creepy after. Huge cheekbones and huge pointed chin.

Lestat

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 01:02:34 PM »
Theoretically, this should work. However, determining how to practically apply this is a whole other story. For instance, hitting your cheekbones could actually have the opposite effect. There are oral appliances that are built to widen the lower face and I would probably go with one of those, before I started hitting or pulling on parts of my face.

There was some guy on one forum who made a face-pulling device and used it. It seemed to work but he looked f**kin creepy after. Huge cheekbones and huge pointed chin.

Hi. Is this really true? Can you please tell us more about this face-pulling device? I find it very interesting.

Lestat

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 02:36:05 PM »