Author Topic: Dr Mommaerts ruined my face  (Read 15377 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Dr Mommaerts ruined my face
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 12:28:31 PM »
Just seen this story posted on Realself (with pics):
https://www.realself.com/question/michigan-mi-jaw-shaving-cost-average#
https://www.realself.com/review/rhinoplasty-decision-1#

How is the first pic after MM a botched result - or am I missing something?

The asymmetry might be slightly undesirable but the sliding genioplasty looks very good.

I'll say, that I MYSELF am missing something. I don't see where he says MM did it his augmentation. Also, there is a MYSTERY (to me) as to why his chin and jaw were so RECESSIVE in the Ion review. It would seem to me that the recessive chin/jaw photo would be that of what ever other doctor did his chin/jaw augmentation before ion.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

girl

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2018, 12:51:07 PM »
I'll say, that I MYSELF am missing something. I don't see where he says MM did it his augmentation. Also, there is a MYSTERY (to me) as to why his chin and jaw were so RECESSIVE in the Ion review. It would seem to me that the recessive chin/jaw photo would be that of what ever other doctor did his chin/jaw augmentation before ion.

His story almost exactly corroborates the OP's here regarding the HA paste and genio with the later revision in London along with other surgeries. It's true, he hasn't mentioned MM in his question or review but I'm pretty sure it's the same guy as the OP (always a chance it's not, however).

Yes, I think the "before" pic must've been the one before anything, as there was no way the chin was that recessed in his question to the docs.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2018, 01:50:20 PM »
His story almost exactly corroborates the OP's here regarding the HA paste and genio with the later revision in London along with other surgeries. It's true, he hasn't mentioned MM in his question or review but I'm pretty sure it's the same guy as the OP (always a chance it's not, however).

Yes, I think the "before" pic must've been the one before anything, as there was no way the chin was that recessed in his question to the docs.

IDK, on RS he's down as coming from LA. The OP here is out of UK.  Thing is with MM who does use the HA paste to augment the jaws, the OP's complaint isn't exactly 'unique' as I've come across similar complaints where MM's use of the HA paste has caused problems.

girl

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »
IDK, on RS he's down as coming from LA. The OP here is out of UK.  Thing is with MM who does use the HA paste to augment the jaws, the OP's complaint isn't exactly 'unique' as I've come across similar complaints where MM's use of the HA paste has caused problems.

Yes, HA paste is used by him and actually may just be popular in Belgium, as there are two other maxillofacial docs there who use it.

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=5030.msg42157#msg42157

He said he lives in the Bay Area here so he may either be from the UK originally or be travelling for surgeries in Europe. I think the before anything vs. after MM pics shows a significant overall improvement though with the glitch to the jaw area not enough to ruin him in my eyes, even though that part needed to be revised.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2018, 03:47:42 PM »
Yes, HA paste is used by him and actually may just be popular in Belgium, as there are two other maxillofacial docs there who use it.

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=5030.msg42157#msg42157

He said he lives in the Bay Area here so he may either be from the UK originally or be travelling for surgeries in Europe. I think the before anything vs. after MM pics shows a significant overall improvement though with the glitch to the jaw area not enough to ruin him in my eyes, even though that part needed to be revised.

Well the before anything vs. the after (and I still don't know if it's MM) shows improvement to the chin/jaw. Not 'wow' but still ok. Thing is WHY did he use a before ANYTHING photo as opposed to an after chin/jaw augment with HA paste he did not like for the Ion review. Something is wrong with that whether or not he's the OP. He should have uses his after (the chin/jaw augment he did NOT) like as his before photo with Ion. I not going to post on RS though to ask.

girl

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2018, 07:16:54 PM »
Well the before anything vs. the after (and I still don't know if it's MM) shows improvement to the chin/jaw. Not 'wow' but still ok. Thing is WHY did he use a before ANYTHING photo as opposed to an after chin/jaw augment with HA paste he did not like for the Ion review. Something is wrong with that whether or not he's the OP. He should have uses his after (the chin/jaw augment he did NOT) like as his before photo with Ion. I not going to post on RS though to ask.

Posting the original makes what the second doctor did look more transformational. It's obviously not accurate. However, I see the omission of the true "before" as an acknowledgement that the first doctor's work was an objective improvement. Because if he did have a legitimately bad job (overall disimprovement including diminished attractiveness = botched) and it was corrected to that level, then surely he'd be more inclined to post what was "unsuccessful" as the before picture, as it'd show even more skill on the part of the revisionist.

If he posted the true before, the improvement wouldn't have been so notable as the genio did the main legwork in getting him from recessed to balanced. 

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2018, 07:28:26 PM »
Posting the original makes what the second doctor did look more transformational. It's obviously not accurate. However, I see the omission of the true "before" as an acknowledgement that the first doctor's work was an objective improvement. Because if he did have a legitimately bad job (overall disimprovement including diminished attractiveness = botched) and it was corrected to that level, then surely he'd be more inclined to post what was "unsuccessful" as the before picture, as it'd show even more skill on the part of the revisionist.

If he posted the true before, the improvement wouldn't have been so notable as the genio did the main legwork in getting him from recessed to balanced.

yes. exactly. Yet one more example of a situation where RS readers remain clueless. No sharp mods to take a look and they ban the intelligent.