Author Topic: Dr. Richard Joseph.  (Read 6129 times)

Krista

Dr. Richard Joseph.
« on: June 24, 2012, 07:42:56 AM »
Has anyone consulted with Dr. Richard Joseph out of Florida or Georgia?   If you google him you can see his website and some of his work.  His before and afters are very impressive.

Heavyweight

Re: Dr. Richard Joseph.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 06:31:33 PM »
I haven't consulted with him, but I do agree that his before and afters are very impressive. I think they are what really convinced me of the primacy of jaw surgery over standard plastic surgery. If I lived near him, I'd definitely schedule a consultation.

lovehoff

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:15:15 AM »
I also want to know more about this surgeon. I am in GA and I don't want to fly all the way to CA to get the surgery.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 10:46:23 AM »
He also has an office in Georgia too last I checked.   Google him.

ticktickatick

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »
I asked him about getting a consult, and he said that he does not treat or consult with anyone who has to travel to see him. I'm guessing he doesn't want the hassle of dealing with an orthodontist pre and post-op who isn't close by. So basically if you don't live in Florida or Georgia he refuses to see you.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Yes he only will operate on patients who live in state.   That makes sense to me.  This surgery is very intense.   Proper pre op and post op care and monitoring  is very crucial.   

chinquestions

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 08:25:42 AM »
Figured I would add my 2 cents for anyone thinking about consulting with him, and didn't think this deserved its own thread.

He will consult with you if you are within Florida/Georgia.

HOWEVER, he reserves the right to not do the surgery.

I am in South Florida, and he declined to do Genioplasty because of the distance and logistics involved.

Apparently when he started, he only used to take patients in the Jacksonville area, and it sounds like he is taking that stance again.

Fair warning to anyone thinking about spending money on the consultation fee.

Reality

• Private
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 07:26:57 PM »
Figured I would add my 2 cents for anyone thinking about consulting with him, and didn't think this deserved its own thread.

He will consult with you if you are within Florida/Georgia.

HOWEVER, he reserves the right to not do the surgery.

I am in South Florida, and he declined to do Genioplasty because of the distance and logistics involved.

Apparently when he started, he only used to take patients in the Jacksonville area, and it sounds like he is taking that stance again.

Fair warning to anyone thinking about spending money on the consultation fee.

What a waste...  I initially wanted to have a consultation with him too, due to those impressive B/A's.. albeit a bit dated but still: it make me feel like he's not confident in his work. There are surgeons like Gunson who have patients fly in from all over the world....   However, I do see the appeal in not dealing with logistical headaches etc.

Anyways, thanks for this! + your karma