Author Topic: Time for a thread dedicated to the Chin Wing Osteotomy?  (Read 82227 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: Time for a thread dedicated to the Chin Wing Osteotomy?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 10:43:37 PM »
I'll be getting this before the summer if everything proceeds according to schedule. I'll be sure to post pictures here provided I don't die on the operating table!

How many months would that be roughly? Will you be taking good before and afters?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 02:05:37 AM »
I don't think this is a risky procedure. A nerve runs along the mandible but it can be traced on plain film X-rays prior to surgery to see if there is any risk of hitting it. I am considering the procedure next year. The pictures I have seen are nothing short of impressive.

can you post these impressive results? i have only seen impressive results when chin wing was combined with jaw surgery, best results were obv. bimax and chin wing. chin wing alone never looked that great, to be honest.

MrRochester

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 10:23:15 AM »
can you post these impressive results? i have only seen impressive results when chin wing was combined with jaw surgery, best results were obv. bimax and chin wing. chin wing alone never looked that great, to be honest.

Here are pictures of two chin wing operations performed by Zarrinbal. One also included a rhino. Very good outcomes in my opinion although I would like frontal photos and for them to be on men. http://imgur.com/a/n27vM

How many months would that be roughly? Will you be taking good before and afters?

Depends on my work situation. I currently have a job, but I am starting a new higher-paying job next week and will see how that works out. I hope around May-June. I will definitely post before and afters.

MrRochester

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »
Zarrinbal has shown me some results of Chin Wing osteotomy.

This is a powerful procedure and can transform your lower third extremely. There was a guy whose aesthetics were vastly improved. There was a women who did that combined with Bimax and she completely transformed herself from a plain 4.5-5/10 to a legit hottie.

I was at Zarrinbal's too and I think the guy you are referring to had two rounds of jaw surgery and also rhinoplasty. I didn't see a single case of a guy getting just chin wing where he improved dramatically (maybe he showed you different pictures).

applejuice

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »
You guys cant expect chin wing osteotomy to be a substitute for jaw surgery. It can greaty enhance the jaw line and chin but cant correct malpositioned jaws!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »
Of course it's hardcore. I'm hardcore. If I wasn't hardcore I'd be getting some basic orthodontic work and a chin implant. Alas, I'm not. I'm so hardcore I'm going to let a relative stranger hack the bone of my face apart with a bloody saw just to chew salads a little better, and possibly increase my already dismal chances with the opposite sex.

I am hardcore.

I am Weakjawbrah.

you are weakjawclown

Lazlo

• Private

applejuice

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 03:47:24 PM »
Added the procedures:

http://pyramide.ch/docs/Dysgnathien.pdf
girl: chin wing
boy: lefort1 + chinwing

http://pyramide.ch/docs/Journal_fuer_Aesthetische_Chirurgie_Januar_2013.pdf
girl: chin visor + chin wing
boy: upper jaw advancement + chin visor + chin wing

http://pyramide.ch/docs/Brusco_Zahnkrone_6_13.pdf
girl1: lefort 1 + chin wing
girl2: bimax + chin wing

Optimistic

• I am class I
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
okay so these chin wing and chin visor osteotomies are f**king incredible --they totally change the angulation of the chin and jaw angle. Amazing. So who is the best doc to do them? And thanks applejuice for the info....

since you read german could you maybe summarize some more of the details/risks, advantages, important tidbits, thanks.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 09:27:02 PM »
so could you explain to me how they made the lower half of this guys face i.e. the distance between the mandible so much wider? That doesn't seem to have anything to do with genioplasty or chin, it looks like implants to the side of the mandible and chin --i guess that's the effect of the chin-wing osteotomy? Would love to know what percentage of numbness results from this, cause the results are incredible in terms of symmetry and increasing the lower jaw width and face.

http://pyramide.ch/docs/Journal_fuer_Aesthetische_Chirurgie_Januar_2013.pdf
girl: chin visor + chin wing

applejuice

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2013, 03:02:37 AM »

Since they are cutting below the nerve, the numbness caused by this osteotomy is minimal.
The bone part is still attached to the blood supply and the softtissue and can me moved around to create a nice jaw line. Additional bone grafts from the hip might be necessary.
The wider look of the lower face is achieved by reattaching the bone pieces more laterally and decreasing the gonial angle.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 04:03:53 AM by applejuice »

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2013, 06:07:56 AM »

Since they are cutting below the nerve, the numbness caused by this osteotomy is minimal.
The bone part is still attached to the blood supply and the softtissue and can me moved around to create a nice jaw line. Additional bone grafts from the hip might be necessary.
The wider look of the lower face is achieved by reattaching the bone pieces more laterally and decreasing the gonial angle.

Yes, to add to this. As I explained earlier the bone can be divided into sections, so they can take a section at the rear, and move it about to create a wider jaw and better gonial angles.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2013, 10:35:13 PM »
Yes, to add to this. As I explained earlier the bone can be divided into sections, so they can take a section at the rear, and move it about to create a wider jaw and better gonial angles.

thanks to both applejuice and weakjawbrah for explaining this further --and sorry for calling you weakjawclown, i was feeling irritable...

hope you guys are at least having a good holiday merry x-mas, kwanza, hannukah or whatever....   :   )