Author Topic: Anyone ever used fillers?  (Read 3215 times)

nrelax11

• Private
Anyone ever used fillers?
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »
Ever since high school I've had pretty hallow tear troughs and an most likely going to get restylane injections there. Just wondering if anyone has had that done. I know that over time its suppose to last longer the more you do it because the injections alone supposedly can cause collagen growth to occur in that area. Im pretty sure my lines under my eyes are from my nasal bones because they are wide at the bottom, but it would be a great feeling knowing those lines arent as visible anymore after injections. Also, eventually I want to have something done about the left side of my nose because also during high school my cartilage I guess collapsed and I have a dent on that side now. It makes my nose crooked when I smile and it just ruins my overall looks.

Tiny

• Private
Re: Anyone ever used fillers?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 04:00:31 PM »
Before I got my implant I got filler in my prejowl areas (I think it was sculptra). 

Honestly, it was pretty useless for that area but I think for tear troughs it's better.

I currently get juvederm in my top lip.  It's great and makes a big difference.  I will see what my top lip looks like after my teeth are put back in their proper position and then consider fat transfer if I need it (rather than fillers every 90 months) - but I hope fixing my teeth will change my top lip shape for the better

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:15:13 PM »
Sculptra is better to fill in bony areas, like cheekbone hollows and temples, it's not indicated for soft tissue augmentation around the eyes. The skin is very thin there and better suited to Restylane.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »
Sculptra is better to fill in bony areas, like cheekbone hollows and temples, it's not indicated for soft tissue augmentation around the eyes. The skin is very thin there and better suited to Restylane.

Yes, agreed.  I wasn't suggesting sculptra for eyebags!  It could show through the skin

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 02:33:43 PM »
What about infraorbital rim augmentation using hydroxyapatite paste? I know that there are very few surgeons that use hydroxyapatite but to me that seems like the best option if you have skeletal deficiency. I think Arnett & Gunson do this routinely but I haven't seen any pictures of how it may turn out.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 11:12:02 AM »
I think im going to just go with restylane for now. I found a reputable cosmetic surgeon near me, and his prices are a little more fair than others surgeons in my area. Just need to save up a little and then Ill see how it goes. When people have extra verticle growth of there maxilla, does a portion of there mid face grow with it? Could that be what caused me to have hallows under my eyes. I notice that no one in my family has them. It also could be from my nasal bone. It seems that I have a line from my nasal bone to under my eyes. I eventually want to have something done with my nose to because my cartilage collapsed on my left side and there a dent there. When I feel the base of my nasal bone, it seems the right side grew further down than the left, so the left side eventually caved in. 

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »
Before I got my implant I got filler in my prejowl areas (I think it was sculptra). 

Honestly, it was pretty useless for that area but I think for tear troughs it's better.

I currently get juvederm in my top lip.  It's great and makes a big difference.  I will see what my top lip looks like after my teeth are put back in their proper position and then consider fat transfer if I need it (rather than fillers every 90 months) - but I hope fixing my teeth will change my top lip shape for the better

Hey lady, how painful are the fillers? Why did you say it was useless for the prejowl areas? Im reading up on fat transfers but its such a mixed bag (looking to get roundness/fullness in the face since midface and area beneath the cheeks are sinking in hard. :/
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 09:20:52 PM »
For cheeks, I have seen Voluma produce some really good results. I've only seen it used in women, and only smack in the apple of the cheeks. I actually don't know if it can be used elsewhere. Really, really good aesthetic outcomes. It's newer than a lot of the other fillers on the market, which is not always comforting, but it certainly seems to deliver. 

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 05:50:30 PM »
Hey lady, how painful are the fillers? Why did you say it was useless for the prejowl areas? Im reading up on fat transfers but its such a mixed bag (looking to get roundness/fullness in the face since midface and area beneath the cheeks are sinking in hard. :/

Not that painful.  For lips they use a dental block, so, not painful.  I don't really remember what the chin injections felt like.  They probably used a numbing cream or dental block.

For me it just didn't work well for the prejowl area.  I wasn't trying to replace lost fat, more like lack of bone.  I got 2 vials and I needed more and it just made it very cost prohibitive.   I had a face almost like a babies face, where there is a lot of cheek fat and small chin and it gives you this jowly look, even when you're young and have no sagging!  But it's OK now, for the most part.  I have a bit of jowl on one side, maybe my lipo was done unevenly, who knows!

I think sculptra is quite good for cheeks but I guess it would be advisable to try a more temporary filler to see the look before going with sculptra.  Radiesse is the firmest and is good along the cheekbone area to 'lift' everything

You might want to also consider eyelid filler, if you're starting to lose volume in the face.  They put it in the browbone area, like this -

You're welcome to borrow some of my cheek fat.  I've got more than enough!