Author Topic: oil pulling  (Read 1523 times)

treevernal

• Private
oil pulling
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:31:47 PM »
Anyone else do this?  Ive been doing it daily for a few weeks now as ive been getting more into holistic stuff.

http://trinaholden.com/healing-cavities-a-true-weve-done-it-story/

Gregor Samsa

Re: oil pulling
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:48:29 AM »
It may work but I think it's better to just eat a healthier diet to begin with. This whole idea that we even have to brush our teeth is the result from the diet we have adapted ever since agriculture became a thing.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 04:13:48 AM »
It may work but I think it's better to just eat a healthier diet to begin with. This whole idea that we even have to brush our teeth is the result from the diet we have adapted ever since agriculture became a thing.
My guess is that we have to brush teeth because we now live longer that teeth were meant to last.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 07:02:31 AM »
The soft diet is one (huge) contributor. But have you seen older animals teeth? They dont eat processed foods, no sugar yet they usually have a lot cavities.

What kind of animals are we talking about? Many studies on indigenous peoples show very few or no signs of dental decay at all when they're on their native diet. Surely we humans were not evolved to require the use of toothpaste.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »
I have a few friends who swear by this; but not one of them uses this as a replacement for normal, proper oral care. They use it in addition to brushing and flossing. So now they brush 2x/day, floss 1x/day, and oil pull 1x/day. I cannot imagine not brushing my teeth with toothpaste...no thanks. In conjunction with standard oral care, it certainly couldn't hurt to try.

You did read the part where it takes 15-20 minutes, right? (I've heard that 10 minutes is sufficient in a pinch. Also, make sure to spit the oil out when you are done.) 

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 10:31:57 AM »
Yeah 20 min may seem long but not when you get other stuff done while you're swishing.