Author Topic: Double Jaw Surgery w/ Dr. Arnett 10/4  (Read 77704 times)

CK

• Private
Re: Double Jaw Surgery w/ Dr. Arnett 10/4
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2012, 12:42:14 PM »
What thing around his head? I had the same head wrap and plastic drool-catcher and natty blue hat too! Plus I've swollen almost as much I'd say. I had all that HA though too- probably why.

natty blue hat, never had that. maybe because my hair was shorter? i like high his hair manages to stay spiked each day LOL.

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »
Haha I noticed that too, u might be swollen like hell but your hair looks good z lol

znewton

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
not everyone swells up like, all depends on what is done. more manipulation with the upper jaw+HA (Z had a lot) can affect swelling. I had the same thing taped to my head, except I was still dead asleep. Why do you have that thing around your heard? Because of the hair?

The compression bandage in the first picture? That stayed on overnight until Dr. A came to do his rounds around 8AM the next day to check in and remove it.

CK

• Private
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2012, 03:31:52 PM »
The compression bandage in the first picture? That stayed on overnight until Dr. A came to do his rounds around 8AM the next day to check in and remove it.

yeah everyone has the compression bandage, i just meant the thing on your head.

znewton

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2012, 03:32:09 PM »
natty blue hat, never had that. maybe because my hair was shorter? i like high his hair manages to stay spiked each day LOL.

It's a combover, not spiked. Haha. After about Day 5 I decided after I showered as part of attempting to feel more human I'd at least comb/gel my hair since I couldn't shave or brush my teeth. Helped me to feel a little better than again I generally keep my hair looking pretty good :) Haha.

znewton

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »
yeah everyone has the compression bandage, i just meant the thing on your head.

What thing?

Antbee

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »
He means the green surgery cap. I thought everyone had to have those.

znewton

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2012, 03:44:11 PM »
He means the green surgery cap. I thought everyone had to have those.

Gotcha. That's what I thought as well.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »
Oh my God......that is some crazy swelling......they(A/G) really have to figure out a way to control the swelling .   I can tell your gonna look great once the swelling comes down.   Hang in there!

funnybones

• Private
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2012, 09:22:11 PM »
Zach, thanks for sharing photos. I think you are going to have great aesthetic results.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but does it hurt to be puffed up like that? All I can think is - where are the anti-inflamatories? Poor Zach! Tough week for those facial tissues!

I never paid much attention until now, but my estimate from consultation shows 14 grafts in the top jaw; 14 in the bottom jaw; and 8 bone harvests.  Is that similar to what you had?

znewton

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
Zach, thanks for sharing photos. I think you are going to have great aesthetic results.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but does it hurt to be puffed up like that? All I can think is - where are the anti-inflamatories? Poor Zach! Tough week for those facial tissues!

I never paid much attention until now, but my estimate from consultation shows 14 grafts in the top jaw; 14 in the bottom jaw; and 8 bone harvests.  Is that similar to what you had?

Funnybones (would rather refer to you by your name but obviously don't know it yet!) -

1) Swelling - The first week I was obviously extremely uncomfortable with the extreme amount of swelling that I had. It didn't hurt (I've had little to no pain through this entire process) as much as it was just uncomfortable. As I've heard others describe it almost feels like you're wearing a mask. It's a hard sensation to describe because in addition everything else is very tight, so to speak, so it's a combination of everything which makes for an odd feeling.

2) Surgical estimate - My final treatment plan included "10 graft placement" for the upper jaw, "8 graft placement" for the lower jaw, and "18 local punch harvests". Dr. Arnett used a mix of my own bone, cadaver bone, and the BMP for the extensive grafting of my upper jaw. It looks like you're going to have even more than I did!

If you have any concerns or questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer or resolve them for you :) Don't get me wrong, this is a tough process, but so worth it!

CK

• Private
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2012, 12:59:24 AM »
weird question maybe, but how long was your surgery? it should say on your OP record (will also include blood loss, drugs used, first time of incision, etc...very meticulous.)

and do you remember entering the OR and seeing arnett or whoever was in the room, and what they were saying? i remember everything, but it seems a lot people totally forget even entering the operating room.

znewton

« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2012, 08:32:16 AM »
weird question maybe, but how long was your surgery? it should say on your OP record (will also include blood loss, drugs used, first time of incision, etc...very meticulous.)

and do you remember entering the OR and seeing arnett or whoever was in the room, and what they were saying? i remember everything, but it seems a lot people totally forget even entering the operating room.

My surgery was six hours from start to finish. As for my experience about entering the OR, I have ZERO memory whatsoever. I obviously remember Dr. Funk coming to my room to start my IV and later getting wheeled down the hallway to the OR doors. I remember Dr. Funk meeting me there and pushing the Versed into my IV - and my memory stops there. I have no memory of the OR itself or even seeing Dr. Arnett. I believe the first thing I really remember is waking up in my own room.

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2012, 09:12:58 AM »
I wonder if I can take a "pre-versed" right when I wake up that morning.  I want that morning to be a complete blur. 

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2012, 09:22:41 AM »
I wonder if I can take a "pre-versed" right when I wake up that morning.  I want that morning to be a complete blur. 

Lol