Author Topic: Wisdom teeth extraction and facial swelling  (Read 1471 times)

MaxPunishment

Wisdom teeth extraction and facial swelling
« on: October 03, 2012, 10:29:26 AM »
I apologize if this question has already been asked numerous times and I know that results will vary from individual from individual, but prior to my dual jaw surgery in a few months time my orthodontist told me that I need to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. My job involves a lot of face-to-face interaction with clients as well as a considerable amount of talking, so I'm trying to figure out how many days I should allot to be off from work in order to have this procedure done.

I'm not so much concerned about the pain as I'm sure I can tough that out after the first day, but I'm wondering how long it takes for the facial swelling subside and for facial features to return back to normal. I'm just trying to avoid going back to work with my face considerably swollen/bruised as this can be disconcerting for some of the people I may be interacting with.

Heavyweight

Re: Wisdom teeth extraction and facial swelling
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »
My swelling was pretty bad for the first three days, but after that it wasn't really noticeable. However, my wisdom teeth were horizontally impacted, so most people probably won't experience as much swelling. Pain was mild, and all I needed was advil. If you want to avoid missing work, I think you should try to get the operation on a Thursday or Friday so that you can return to work on Monday.

trigeminalneuralgia

Re: Wisdom teeth extraction and facial swelling
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 07:04:29 AM »
yeah i didnt swell at all and im a big sweller

but i developed a cold/sinus thing afterwards. f or a few days felt like someone kicked me in the chest