Author Topic: blender or food processor?  (Read 2592 times)

treevernal

• Private
blender or food processor?
« on: November 28, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
I'm going to be getting one or the other for my upcoming surgery and was told that a food processor does everything a blender does; is that true?

trigeminalneuralgia

Re: blender or food processor?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:20:49 AM »
i think so

if you're loaded buy a vitamix

i use a blender a lot because it's easier to clean

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 11:47:59 AM »
Yeah I looked up the vitamix, its like 500  :P

Ill probably go with the food processor.

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 12:34:39 PM »
Just noticed that vitamix is what they use at jamba juice :)

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »
yeah i think you could get it for like 300

honestly though, unless you're choppin a bunch of raw turnips and want everything really smooth, just get the food processor

there's a knockoff vitamix called the ninja but i dont know if its good

CK

• Private
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 02:44:30 PM »
i honestly would get just a blender. you dont use it for that long. you're only on 100% pure liquid for a few weeks, then you can do particles. they told me how patients would blend pizza, hamburgers, whatever. i never at any point felt the need to do that. i did blend some noodles at some point just to see and oh geez it was awful.

blender is enough for me. i mostly just had milkshakes and mash potatoes and still lost a ton of weight. 

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »
Lol, reminds me of my freshman year of college; all I ate was pizza and icecream and became skeletor.  That wouldn't happen now, 10 years later lol.  But, probably will with jaw surgery as it's a unique situation.

My hygeinist told me her somewhat overweight friend was so excited to get jaw surgery bc you lose weight but apparently he blended like snickers bars and icecream together and stayed the same lol.

CK

• Private
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 07:20:26 PM »
Lol, reminds me of my freshman year of college; all I ate was pizza and icecream and became skeletor.  That wouldn't happen now, 10 years later lol.  But, probably will with jaw surgery as it's a unique situation.

My hygeinist told me her somewhat overweight friend was so excited to get jaw surgery bc you lose weight but apparently he blended like snickers bars and icecream together and stayed the same lol.

for me, i didnt have to eat that much. the first week you eat basically nothing because your jaw is not very mobile and there really isn't a mood to eat. im of the opinion that the stomach shrinks, because after one milkshake id be full for most of the day. even though i ate foods loaded with calories and fat - milkshakes, mash potatoes, clam chowder - i lost ~20lbs because i didnt eat that much. it all boils down to calories. you can eat the worst food but if you eat less than your body is used to you'll lose weight.