Author Topic: When to play Clarinet again?  (Read 1293 times)

Jawsurgerylife

When to play Clarinet again?
« on: March 28, 2014, 03:02:35 PM »
Hello,

I am 3 months post-op upper jaw surgery aka Le Forte I impaction and advancement osteotomy of the maxilla. I play the clarinet and do not know when it should be okay to play again. When will i be able to play clarinet again? Also, I was released from the care of my surgeon in February and my surgeon said it should be okay to play just call if any issues occur. However, being cautious and not under his care I was curious about when i could play again.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:52:10 PM by Jawsurgerylife »

nrelax11

• Private
Re: When to play Clarinet again?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 03:32:36 PM »
Have you emailed the surgeon? I dont really know, but im suppose to have the same jaw movments as you did in June.  Did your nose chnagee a lot. Did it tip up or widen? Thanks. You wouldnt want to post any before and after photos would you? Or send me some in a message. Id really like to see what kind of changes Ill see.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 03:58:18 PM »
I have not had surgery, but it seems to make sense too...

1)Ask your surgeon (even though you were released from their care back in February).
2)Ask your orthodontist.
3)Google it, and make sure what you read matches what the prior two have said (particularly, the opinion of the surgeon).
4)Err on the side of caution, and if it hurts stop!

The moral of the story is better safe than sorry (and gather a few opinions).

Best of luck, and congrats on making it through jaw surgery!

Jawsurgerylife

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 05:48:51 PM »
Have you emailed the surgeon? I dont really know, but im suppose to have the same jaw movments as you did in June.  Did your nose chnagee a lot. Did it tip up or widen? Thanks. You wouldnt want to post any before and after photos would you? Or send me some in a message. Id really like to see what kind of changes Ill see.

To answer your question about my nose changing, i feel like it changed a little and made it wider. I have a blog with a few before and after pictures and summaries of my recovery experience.
My blog is jawsurgerylife.wordpress.com
Hope that helps (:.