Author Topic: Distraction osteogenesis with Mr Mommearts  (Read 4532 times)

backward lowerjaw

• Private
Distraction osteogenesis with Mr Mommearts
« on: May 08, 2014, 03:46:47 PM »
Looks like Mommearts does mandibular distraction osteogenesis going by this website http://www.surgi-tec.com/

backward lowerjaw

• Private
Re: Distraction osteogenesis with Mr Mommearts
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 05:23:54 AM »
It's good to know, long term I think this is the way I will end up going.  I need to fix my occlusion first I have had braces in for the past 12 months since my le fort 1 osteotomy.  My orthodontist is only interested in straightening the teeth and not my bite I cannot touch my back teeth at all.

I had an alf appliance put in my upper palate to widen my upper arch as this was narrow, the dentist over expanded and has tilted every single one of my posterior teeth outwards and my bite is terrible, looking back I don't even think I needed expansion I think because I had a malocclusion class 3 the teeth did not line up and just looked like the upper teeth were narrow, it is very frustrating.  I wish I could turn the clock back bastard dentists robbing f***ers!

Anyway now i'm going to have to find an occlusion expert who deals with a t-scan device and hopefully fix this and bring my teeth in for a correct bite, i'm just worried about tongue space and speech problems it may cause with lack of tongue movement.  Least I know if there is a problem with this then if mommearts does do the widen of both upper and lower jaws then its something to fall back on.  My Plan first is to get the occlusion done then have maxillomandibular advancement to  help my airways first.  Could be 3 ops altogether, great!! It's such a long and frustrating road.

Does anyone know if the tongue does not have much room due to a narrow upper arch i'e cannot touch the upper palette but the bite is correct does this cause speech problems or not? This is my  biggest concern

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 06:20:59 AM »
Oh dear.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »
Modigliana i just read your post about mommearts, i think i will stay away from him after what he did to you that is terrible.  I'm going to just stay with johnson or thuau for advancement.  Every day i wake up i think about my bite both sides will not go where it should be and causes me anxiety, i'm still off work since february.  I don't know what i would do with out this forum.

I really hope things work out for you and you find someone who can fix what he did.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 10:29:50 AM »
What did Paul Johnson and Thuau say?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »
Modigliana i just read your post about mommearts, i think i will stay away from him after what he did to you that is terrible.  I'm going to just stay with johnson or thuau for advancement.  Every day i wake up i think about my bite both sides will not go where it should be and causes me anxiety, i'm still off work since february.  I don't know what i would do with out this forum.

I really hope things work out for you and you find someone who can fix what he did.

Thanks for that, hope you get sorted too, it's hellish when things aren't right but please be smart about it, Thuau and PJ are both reputable trustworthy surgeons. If you continued to pursue that Mommaerts monster, I would have tracked you down and smacked your arse...really, really hard  ;)

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 11:27:43 AM »
You've made me realise. Since i posted earlier, i've just typed in your name and been reading your earlier posts, i'm not a  stalker honest!  What did you do with your braces situation? Did you find somebody in the UK? Did you get a refund from those idiots in Belgium?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »
You've made me realise. Since i posted earlier, i've just typed in your name and been reading your earlier posts, i'm not a  stalker honest!  What did you do with your braces situation? Did you find somebody in the UK? Did you get a refund from those idiots in Belgium?

Nope, didn't get a penny back, infact he was quite offended that I'd even asked. Belgium marches to the beat of it's own drum shall we say.

I don't have an official ortho at the moment, haven't decided on a surgeon, but I've had Paul Johnson's guy check me over and change rings and stuff...he's a good guy.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »
Once i get my braces off and get the retainer in i'm going to see, an orthodontist in london called ellevenortho they also work with paul johnson. anthony lam, shivani patel and daljit gill seem quite good,will be interesting to see what they say. I'm going to phone the hospital on tuesday and demand them to be taken off immediatley i think a lot of orthos are skeptical if you are still having treatment.  i checked on the general dental council website and found out the orthodontist who is treating me was only registered in dec12 the same time he took on my case!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:23:21 PM by backward lowerjaw »