Author Topic: What would be the appropriate course of action for my lower jaw?  (Read 1531 times)

Zxk

Firstly I would like to say hello to all existing members of the forum, I'm glad I found a forum like this..

My issue is my lower jaw, as you can see it has a weak appearance and I have often considered genioplasty to be the procedure that would stand a chance of fixing it.

A little history about my jaw/teeth. When I was young (around 7) I had a several back teeth removed, not sure of the reason tbh.. And when I was 15 I had some frontal teeth removed because my mouth was too crowded (maybe some canines) this was followed by 3 years of braces to close the gaps.. In hindsight I wish I paid more attention to what the orthodontist was doing to my teeth but I think my bite is relatively normal, although I can't be sure..

Anyway I'll post a picture :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gregor Samsa

Re: What would be the appropriate course of action for my lower jaw?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
Your lips don't look quite balanced either. If your bite is truly normal then a chin wing would probably get you the best result.

Zxk

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 02:32:55 AM »
Hi Gregor thanks for getting back to me, I see what you mean about my lips. The fact that my lower lip sits slightly behind the upper lip, do you think this could mean by lower jaw needs an advancement. You have to remember the braces contributed to fixing my bite also, so maybe despite having a good bite, my jaw is out of place? ??? :o

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 05:02:28 AM »
With all those teeth pulled out I'm surprised you even have any left :o
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Zxk

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 05:34:42 AM »
Haha well I have 26 teeth in great shape :p