Author Topic: Protruding Maxilla? (Photos)  (Read 7698 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: Protruding Maxilla? (Photos)
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 08:38:12 PM »
it really depends honestly. and there are many attractive people with flat cheeks. But having flat cheeks with a protruding maxilla can look weird in certain lighting

How's your bite?  How much gum show do you have?

razorg

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »
How's your bite?  How much gum show do you have?

well I have a decent overbite but no gums show at all when I smile so I've got that going for me lol

razorg

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »
oh wow, I was under the impression that the biggest problem with extractions is that they affected soft tissue profile.

geijutsu

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 01:17:16 AM »
IMO, I think the problem you're having is not really related to you cheekbones directly. Even if you augmented the cheekbones at a later time; you'll still have that dip-in that you're complaining from. What you have is your alveolar process was expanded beyond your maxillary width. That is to say, the area that is right next to the nose is slightly narrower than the arch itself, creating that discrepancy you're complaing from.

I think that your problem might be solved by having one of those new, small, triangular paranasal implants that are placed right in that dip-in to fill it out.  Don't do dermal fillers, it'll just create a superficial bulge.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 10:47:47 PM »
You look fine - I see no problems unless your bite is a disaster call it a day and live. Trust me.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.