Author Topic: lyophilized cartilage & HA paste  (Read 12711 times)

jiliangjiliang

Re: lyophilized cartilage & HA paste
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 02:42:31 AM »
I would reiterate what I previously asked, which is that you please post a censored picture of his face in profile.

There are so many knowledgable posters here who would be able to assess his situation.

Edit: Are you Chinese? I ask because of your username and writing style. This would have a huge impact on what is deemed the best option for your son.

Thanks again for your reply. It is ok to ask.
I am half danish and half Japanese, and my son is three quarter danish and one quarter japanese. All of our family members and friends say he looks pretty Danish, but I can notice his face has some east asian feactures from his photos. His receded chin might come from my mother's japanese family. My chin is ok, but some of my japanese cousins have receded chins. That is what my son told me. I didn't even notice before he told me that.
Because of my family and my work, I don't use English so much. Sorry for my bad english writing.

jiliangjiliang

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 02:45:09 AM »
I have no idea about lyophilized cartilage but for what it's worth, I had HA paste for my cheeks and they really pop out now. I don't feel they make me look that better looking but I like how prominent they are.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your information.
We are still checking and comparing, and haven't decided yet if my son should have implant.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 02:48:08 AM »
A chin wing might be an option.

jiliangjiliang

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 02:53:29 AM »
There have been a few patients of Sailer on this forum http://www.progenica.de/forum/
I have been in contact with a woman who is having jaw implants with him, she kindly gave me the usernames of two patients that had surgery with him but unfortunately they haven't replied to my messages.

You could try asking about lyophilized cartilage on that message board, as they discuss Sailer more, they may be more familiar with it.

Thanks again. I am very glad you give me this information, and really appreciate that. Even though there is tons of information on internet, it takes quite some time to look for what we need.
Guys, you are so helpful, and thank all of you for your replies and information.

jiliangjiliang

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 02:55:56 AM »
Guys, you are so helpful, and thank all of you for your replies and information.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 02:59:57 AM »
A chin wing might be an option.

Might. Maybe. Could. Possible.

See the trend? Doing your one's own research is critical, but turning down advice from knowledgable posters who've spent years researching this seems to me foolish.

The entire thread has degenerated into something like this:

Now compare that to the other thread made by a guy who's uploaded photos. Why not blur the eyes out? Delete the photo once advice has been given? Blur the whole face out just show the jaw and mouth and people can still give advice. I can say personally that sending out censored pictures which detailed my problems has been one of the smartest things I've ever done.

One more thing too, if you are not concerned specifically with jaw surgery and rather plastic surgery then might I suggest also seeking out opinions on a board dedicated to that? Missj's is very good, however costs money and I don't know if they are accepting people or how that works. Looksyourbest is another decent one. Real Self is a good place to get biased opinions from plastic surgeons.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 03:04:37 AM »
The Lookyourbest forum still thinks Mommaerts is a top surgeon so I would stay away from that place.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 04:57:53 AM »
Thanks for your reply.
But I can't quite catch your meaning. Do you mean Sailer's practice of using lyophilized cartilage shows that lyophilized cartilage is not a good material for implant?

Many here believe that his aesthetic sensibilities are warped.  Sort of a "mad scientist".  He is also very expensive.  How old is your son?

MrFox

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 06:42:20 AM »
Many here believe that his aesthetic sensibilities are warped.  Sort of a "mad scientist".  He is also very expensive.  How old is your son?
Thoughts can be contagious, I'm seeing him.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 06:54:06 AM »
Thoughts can be contagious, I'm seeing him.

Please be careful, I'd hate to see you seduced by another charlatan, you've already dodged one bullet  ;)

Would you be prepared to share your experience with him on here? Must admit I do have a degree of morbid curiosity about the man.

MrFox

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 08:31:23 AM »
Please be careful, I'd hate to see you seduced by another charlatan, you've already dodged one bullet  ;)

Would you be prepared to share your experience with him on here? Must admit I do have a degree of morbid curiosity about the man.

I have you to thank for that and of course the other victim, I'm so grateful for your help.
Yes I would very much like to share my experience and results on this board, assuming that I have the surgery.
As soon as I discovered him, I've secretly always wanted to go with him.

His wife rang me and we had quite a long discussion, they seem very caring and by the sounds of it are meticulous in the aesthetic planning.
The consult at his clinic will be 2-3 hours, I'll make a thread to report the details after I've had it in a few months.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 10:41:15 AM »
The Lookyourbest forum still thinks Mommaerts is a top surgeon so I would stay away from that place.

Yes, they have a real blindspot where he's concerned.

Can anyone who posts over there make people aware, or at least put up a link to this place please. Thanks!

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 03:00:05 PM »
OP - implants don't move if they are screwed down, and these days they are.  Before surgeons routinely did that there were issues with them rubbing through the bone capsule.

As for infection, any foreign body is a potential infection risk.  This includes surgery screws and plates which is why some people get them removed

You've not mentioned your son's bite or any orthodontic work.  If you don't want to post a pic, get an X ray and post that and we can give a much more comprehensive assessment.