Author Topic: I had modified lefort iii  (Read 127116 times)

earl25

Re: I had modified lefort iii
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2014, 12:09:35 PM »
Could you tell me your doctors name? Somebody said Doctor Sinn? I searched, I'm not sure if I found the right one...

its listed in the thread

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »
its listed in the thread

What do you mean thread!? I am not a 24/7 on forums kind of person...

God damn it, is it so difficult to just answer a question....

pekay

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2014, 02:54:56 PM »
What do you mean thread!? I am not a 24/7 on forums kind of person...

God damn it, is it so difficult to just answer a question....

http://oralfacialsurgerydfw.com/
Chopsticks > Spoons

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2014, 03:00:36 PM »
http://oralfacialsurgerydfw.com/

Thank you

Wow this guy is old... So from the things you guys say, when doctors like him go retired then there is nobody to replace them? since "doctors in general are moving towards less invasive procedures/less risk."

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »

earl25

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2014, 03:52:24 PM »

Alue

• Private
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2014, 10:53:09 PM »
online reviews arent reliable

My former orthodontist that messed up my face during teenage years has a 100% rating on doctoroogle, but I wouldn't rate him much higher than a child molester.  I think he just pays to have negative ratings removed / positive ones put in. 

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:00:32 AM by Alue »

Alue

• Private
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »
I doubt it. Maybe this doctor was just an honest guy you know? These "top" surgeons just are mostly greedy f--ks who try and make lots of money. THey just "plan" these operations the night or even morning before and then wing it in surgery. And that includes like all of you who had surgery with A&G, Schendel, etc. etc. etc.  I didn't know much about the process but I know a lot more now. Most of them do like 4 surgeries a day. You're not special to them. They're not emotionally involved in your outcome. They just don't want to hear anything went wrong or you're dissatisfied. No sooner do they see you out the door and they're on to the next patient. If you got screwed by one of these doctors SUE THE f**kING HELL OUT OF THEM. [sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread with this, but after two years of studying all this s**t, it's time to get REAL]

I know you did a lot of consults and research, did you ever wind up getting surgery? 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »
I know you did a lot of consults and research, did you ever wind up getting surgery?

my work has prevented me from taking the time off necessary so i won't be having surgery until after mid October. Which is fine since I'm evaluating a few more options.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »
Congrats Earl !!! Glad everything worked out. I think you did the right thing by conducting extensive research and such. How many modified lefort III's has your surgeon done?
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Rico

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2015, 03:58:00 AM »

terry947

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2015, 10:16:49 PM »
Hey earl, how are you feeling?

Its been a while since your jaw surgery and I'm wondering how everything going?

Any permanent numbness, or any other issues?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2015, 12:11:22 AM »
to not open a new topic, I'll just ask here; I was recommended LFIII as an option for my midface defficiency, and the occompaying reply by doc was this:

I wonder why eval of nose is necessary?Is nose a factor when choosing between standard LFIII (aka NoThanks surgery) or modified LFIII?
Maybe he meant a bog standard Le Fort I?  Because it does change the nose.

Rico

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2015, 04:21:19 AM »
You can always try zygomatic sandwich osteotomy or something like this.  he just cut  maxilla a little and eventually the part of orbital rim near lateral wall and the rest he breaks and change a little its position.
all people here talk about classic jaw surgery with him, but do not know if he has botched cases also in that area.

Yesterday first time I was told what is going on in this procedure
Mommaerts "invented" it. I used not to know, despite I consulted with him, and even I would have choosen him, but he wanted he told me he wanted to cut my zygomatic nerves so I canceled surgery

Zarrinbal does not perform these "sanwdiches"

Rico

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2015, 10:42:15 AM »
I think it is performed mainly to increse prominence  including increasing anterior projection (moving bone forward and horizontally). When the zygomatic arch and maxilla is cut (inculding orbital rim), little force is used to break upper parts and orbital floor and then the bone is moved a little outside and can be moved forward (that MM told me), giving this projection. This is (I think) limited only for a cases which do not require big reposition, I guess max 5mms (mainly horizontally), to avoid significant orbital volume change which can result in sunkening of the eye (but I can be wrong, or in other words, more advancement requires orbital floor augumentation)

Unfortunately I never seen such case, and when I was on the consultation with MM 6 months ago, I was so enchanted by his popularity, experience, good opinions (before I registered on this forum) so I even did not ask much about examples. I know it's stupid, but that was my first consultation abroad, and he was first surgeon who said that he could help me. Now I know what to ask , etc. I had to learn this during these 6 months ;)  but this trip last too long for me :(

But you have to know that, MM during this surgery can damage your zygomatic nerves and you will "suffer" some loss of feeling on the side of the cheek (he told this is very likely). However most people are not sensitive for such disadvantage. It is no problem for them (I've been told that)
I now realised I should also take this "sandwich" into account. However I do not know any surgeon except MM who does this. AND YOU ?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:24:27 PM by Rico :) »