Author Topic: What surgeries do I need?  (Read 3261 times)

sippzta

What surgeries do I need?
« on: September 19, 2014, 05:07:03 PM »
Hi all,

Been lurking here for a while. I'm just curious as to what surgeries you all think I need? My profile is absolute s**t. I have a recessed and narrow(and asymmetrical) mandible. I think it is mainly the mandible that is the culprit, along with its relationship with the maxilla. I was thinking that I needed:

-counterclockwise rotation
-lefort 1 with bsso

Here is a frontal and profile views. Also here is a photo from when I was around 12-13ish, where my face was more normal.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Modigliani

• Private
Re: What surgeries do I need?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:14:38 PM »
Head transplant should resolve most of your issues.

sippzta

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 05:36:33 PM »
Head transplant should resolve most of your issues.

Well can you at least tell me what I can do to try to at least somewhat improve my situation?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 05:43:31 PM »
Your "asymmetry" is within norm, otherwise I would have noticed it straight away.  No-one is perfectly symmetrical anyway.  And there are heaps of good looking people with very asymmetrical faces and absolutely no-one notices their asymmetry.

More importantly, how is your bite?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 05:59:03 PM »
Well can you at least tell me what I can do to try to at least somewhat improve my situation?

You're a good looking kid, I assumed you were trolling.

sippzta

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 06:04:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Plosko. I have a mild to moderate(I think) overbite, the top central incisors overlap about halfway down the bottom ones. I'll post a partial cephalogram soon. I am just trying to gauge what route I should take to look within the "normal" facial proportions. I've also been to a couple maxillofacial surgeon consults with no luck on potential treatments.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Plosko. I have a mild to moderate(I think) overbite, the top central incisors overlap about halfway down the bottom ones. I'll post a partial cephalogram soon. I am just trying to gauge what route I should take to look within the "normal" facial proportions. I've also been to a couple maxillofacial surgeon consults with no luck on potential treatments.

Well I am not a doctor, but you lower jaw looks mildly recessed in profile.  But again, I'm  not a a doctor.  You look good from the front.  You've blacked out your eyes, so I can't really judge them, but your eye brows are quite high for a man. That would be the only thing I would change, though I have no idea if that's even possible.

sippzta

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 06:09:21 PM »
You're a good looking kid, I assumed you were trolling.

Modigliani, no I am not trolling. I have been plagued with the feeling that something(s) has been off with my face. I am just trying hopefully pinpoint the problem.

OrthodontistExpert

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
You need upper and lower jaw surgery

Watch this video to explain

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bIivMIcwGhQ&list=PLjC4hIwmyQfjQWNkTyvRUV1iqKdaIAgjD

sippzta

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 01:42:29 PM »

Watch this video to explain

Thanks for the reply. I see in the video that the girl got a lefort 1 but what did they do to bring her bottom jaw forward. Or did it just come forward with the top jaw? I think you are right about me needing upper jaw surgery, but what level lefort would you recommend? I feel that my maxilla has jammed my mandible back, which I believe has caused clicking in my right joint. I've never had any extractions but I think it was the braces I had for a few years in my teens that caused these issues. 

I've attached an edited profile shot. I rotated the back jaw, brought chin forward and brought the maxilla around the nose out a little. Do you think this profile is achievable with a lefort 1(or II) and impaction? Thanks a lot!

[attachment deleted by admin]

OrthodontistExpert

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 01:47:43 PM »
You can't see what you need unless you get a 3D scan. You have to look at your bite, neck, jaw structures, teeth, joints, airway and face simultaneously
Go to this video to find out more
http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLjC4hIwmyQfg86KczdxxnfSJHuoVi62AH&v=qXXzkfvZqds

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 03:02:57 PM »

Need is a strong word. I'm not sure what one piece of his history suggests he needs anything.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 08:49:52 PM »
I wouldnt touch anything!! Whats with all these people coming on here. Please just dont go down the road of surgery because I see nothing wrong. If maybe your bite is a little messed up or teeth are jacked, then maybe see an ortho, but you "need" anything

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 04:53:29 AM »
I thought you look normal and have a pretty good profile ?? Comparing you to others I've seen or even myself...your profile is nice.

Close up of your bite might show more?? An overbite of 6mm upwards,  is considered 'surgery category' ... normal overbite measures at 2mm.

Have seen an orthodontist or received any feedback that suggests you have any issues?  Any previous dental work?

OrthodontistExpert

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »
The face is a means at objective diagnosis and treatment planning for OBJECTIVE underlying issues.

How can you offer objective opinion if your premise entirely is based upon the subjective and ethereal subject of beauty.

Facial disproportion indicates and underlying facial dysfunction... See imbalance and disproportion implies the dysfunction and merits the advice of potential cute.

You need upper and lower jaw surgery, and coordinated with expert orthodontics.

Look at the bigger picture.

Medicine isn't meant to be democratic.