Author Topic: Maxillary Impaction Questoins  (Read 1433 times)

eripsa

Maxillary Impaction Questoins
« on: September 20, 2014, 07:15:14 AM »
So I'm getting my maxilla impacted a 4-5mm and moved forward 4 mm and my lower jaw being moved forward 3mm. Does maxillary impaction move the maxilla backwards at all? Or is it pure upwards movement??
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:51:44 AM by eripsa »

Mark32

Re: Maxillary Impaction Questoins
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 11:16:53 AM »
are you wondering if that’s the reason why they’re going to move the maxilla forward?

eripsa

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 11:28:50 AM »
are you wondering if that’s the reason why they’re going to move the maxilla forward?

Well i know i have maxilla recesion already so i need forward movement. just wondering if maxilalry impaction (oving it up) has any forwards/backwards movement as a side efffect. i also have a short lip with a gumy smile

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 02:22:35 PM »
Impaction means they're going to take out 4-5 mm of bone tissue and move it upwards.
Do you have a severe gummy smile, mild overbite?
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

terry947

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 02:57:48 PM »
When they take out the bone, could they use is for the BSSO to make a larger advancement or possible bone graft for nice cheek bones?

sean89

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 03:12:58 PM »
When they take out the bone, could they use is for the BSSO to make a larger advancement or possible bone graft for nice cheek bones?

I asked about whether this bone could be used as a substitute for a hip graft, but I was told by my surgeon that it wasn't good for grafting.

terry947

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 03:37:56 PM »
how about using it to improve your cheek bones since the bone is from the same area?

I guess for a BSSO you'd need a "tougher" bone.

sean89

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 06:52:55 PM »
how about using it to improve your cheek bones since the bone is from the same area?

I guess for a BSSO you'd need a "tougher" bone.

I don't know but I would assume not. I think mandibular bone is used for grafting but I guess that's not relevant to your case.

terry947

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 12:25:35 AM »
Oh that sucks, so I guess a huge wedge of bone just gets throw in the garbage. HA paste, seems like not the best way to do.

I guess thats why everyones wants a high lefort 1 or 2/3 since these are the only ones that could effect the eye area....