Author Topic: Surgery payment  (Read 1176 times)

smile143

Surgery payment
« on: September 20, 2014, 01:48:38 PM »
Hi guys ..Im a new member in this forum and like you im on my way to having a jaw surgery..sorry im not really gud in english..I have a mild overbite but what really bothers me is my gummy smile..Im on my fifth mos. of braces now.I just wana ask how do u pay ur jaw surgeries..Am I able to pay through credit card(not the full amt. though)Im just trying to look for ways to pay in case i will be short..I will be having upper jaw surgery +genioplasty..well my surgeon is considering lower jaw too (i still need to ask more about that).thank you so much:) Fr:Toronto, Canada

Nataliepryor

• Private
Re: Surgery payment
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 06:10:04 PM »
They generally accept any type of payment... How did you pay for braces?

If you have private health cover, you may also be able to claim rebates on your expenses?

smile143

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »
Thank you for your reply..I'm paying my braces through credit card. I already ask my ortho about it and he told me that they will accept any type of payment.,:) :)

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 01:06:01 PM »
Hi guys ..Im a new member in this forum and like you im on my way to having a jaw surgery..sorry im not really gud in english..I have a mild overbite but what really bothers me is my gummy smile..Im on my fifth mos. of braces now.I just wana ask how do u pay ur jaw surgeries..Am I able to pay through credit card(not the full amt. though)Im just trying to look for ways to pay in case i will be short..I will be having upper jaw surgery +genioplasty..well my surgeon is considering lower jaw too (i still need to ask more about that).thank you so much:) Fr:Toronto, Canada

Who is your surgeon? I'm in Toronto as well, but going to the states for surgery... just curious. In Canada it's covered by healthcare so you'll only have to pay a few thousand dollars at the most like 4 thousand at the very upper-end. This surgery costs around 20-30 grand so you're lucky to be having it in Canada.

smile143

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 10:07:49 PM »

Who is your surgeon? I'm in Toronto as well, but going to the states for surgery... just curious. In Canada it's covered by healthcare so you'll only have to pay a few thousand dollars at the most like 4 thousand at the very upper-end. This surgery costs around 20-30 grand so you're lucky to be having it in Canada.

Hi there:) My surgeon is dr.tocchio.Yes its true , I only have to pay the surgeon's fee , the rest will be covered by OHIP..I have no insurance so need to pay out of pocket.why do u have to go to states for  surgery?