Author Topic: Has anyone else thought this?  (Read 2042 times)

Nataliepryor

• Private
Has anyone else thought this?
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:14:51 PM »

My face looks better when its swollen, than when its not  :o

My skin looks really radiant, my cheeks are nice and plump (lol) my nose looks better..its quite funny really.

I took a picture for everyday post SARPE surgery and I looked better last week...I have a narrow-ish face, nice cheeks normally but just look awesome swollen lol

Does anyone else think this of their face, after surgeries?  I am not talking about the really painful swelling on day 3, just the days after you start to 'go down' and don't feel so tight in the face.

Maybe I could ask my Max facial surgeon if he can keep me just a little swollen forever after my next surgery FOREVER  :P

Cmonster

• Private
Re: Has anyone else thought this?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
Yes, I've had similar thoughts. Not the immediate post op balloon potato-like face, but when it starts to go down and everything looks plump, healthy and defined, from like month 2-6 post op yeah its amazing.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 03:31:44 PM »
Yeah, I liked it too, very plump and youthful looking. Shame fat grafting and fillers never look that good.

ticktickatick

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »
My smile looks better since the swelling has gone down. I have big lips naturally so any swelling near the mouth just made them look huge. But when I was more swollen my profile and at rest face was better. The swelling made my nose look smaller and upturned every so slightly, which looks good on women IMO.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »
I kind of liked the fullness of my face immediately post op when the swelling hadnt kicked in. I looked very similar to addeceased relative of mine which I thought was kind of cool. I cant easily just put weight on and get my face a little more full.

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 04:47:01 AM »
Agree.. My nose looked better too,  wider with small upturn, thought it was just me over looking at myself   8)

The upside is think I'm having some impaction with some septum fix, so hope nose improves post swelling next time!

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »
My only complaint right now is my nose. Although I know its going to go down because some days its amazing how much my nasal flare goes down and some days its more swollen. I had my maxilla inpacted and advanced so I got the upturning and wider nostrils post op. Im hoping the upturning will go down a bit but everyone I talk to says the nose takes like 6 months for swelling to subside. Could be longer :/

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 04:49:35 AM »
Nose takes forever to down! It's the remaining swelling from SARPE procedure for me...it's tender sore and swollen and they didnt even operate on it.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 04:52:53 AM »
Nose takes forever to down! It's the remaining swelling from SARPE procedure for me...it's tender sore and swollen and they didnt even operate on it.

I dunno how they do the SARPE procedure but if it was like for me then you get a bunch of tubes stuck through the nose during surgery which wreck absolute havoc in there.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 02:26:36 PM »
Its crazy how much my swelling in my nose fluctuates thoughout the day and from day to day. Some days it looks really normal and then other days my nostrils look all flared.

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 10:17:09 PM »
Know what you mean.  I look like I have sinusitis, as that area of my face is still a little puffy.