Author Topic: Plate removal  (Read 1914 times)

msmixmaster

• Private
Plate removal
« on: October 09, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »
Hi all,

I had my jaw surgery back in June 2013 and will be having plate removal and some touch up done in about a month - can anyone share plate removal op experience? The surgeon made it sound like it's going to be a piece of cake, but I am seeing some conflicting info. Just wanted to manage my expectations.

Also - I think CK mentioned once about this feeling of the muscle around the lower lip constantly being pulled down, post-op. I've definitely been feeling the tightness in the area even now, not to mention ended up w/ an asymmetrical lower lip way thinner than pre-op. Do these things get better post plate removal?

PloskoPlus

Re: Plate removal
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »
Hi all,

I had my jaw surgery back in June 2013 and will be having plate removal and some touch up done in about a month - can anyone share plate removal op experience? The surgeon made it sound like it's going to be a piece of cake, but I am seeing some conflicting info. Just wanted to manage my expectations.

Also - I think CK mentioned once about this feeling of the muscle around the lower lip constantly being pulled down, post-op. I've definitely been feeling the tightness in the area even now, not to mention ended up w/ an asymmetrical lower lip way thinner than pre-op. Do these things get better post plate removal?

Why are you removing them?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 02:56:59 AM »
I had plate removal in preparation for revision surgery next year - Mommaerts not only butchered me he also used 5 different screw systems in the process! My new surgeon had never seen anything like it  ::)

The removal surgery was a piece of cake, swelling resolved itself within a couple of weeks. Don't worry about it  ;)

falcao

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 03:03:43 AM »
I had plate removal in preparation for revision surgery next year - Mommaerts not only butchered me he also used 5 different screw systems in the process! My new surgeon had never seen anything like it  ::)

The removal surgery was a piece of cake, swelling resolved itself within a couple of weeks. Don't worry about it  ;)

I am having them removed as well. I'm so afraid that the butcher Mommaerts applied the HA in a way that it will make the removal hard. That was the concern of the surgeon I saw in April. But it will be a relief to have all that out of my body.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 03:18:56 AM »
I am having them removed as well. I'm so afraid that the butcher Mommaerts applied the HA in a way that it will make the removal hard. That was the concern of the surgeon I saw in April. But it will be a relief to have all that out of my body.

Psychologically I feel stronger now, ridiculous really but he's been such a  malevolent presence that I began to see the screws and plates as a physical manifestation of him  :-[

Do you have the HA in the mandible only? A boy on Miss J was getting his Mommaerts botched HA removed by the man himself, wonder how that went?

falcao

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 04:31:32 AM »
No, I have it in the paranasal area as well. The one in the mandible punctured the soft tissue and I developed a granuloma in my mouth - you may remember that. Then I had a separate surgery to remove it. Then another to fix the bite - TADs. Now another one to fix the aesthetic disaster. It's INCREDIBLE. Honestly, having to go through that much, just because  I chose the butcher Mommaerts to operate on me. The dearest mistake of my life.

So, you found your surgeon. Congratulations. Do you have a date?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 04:43:23 AM »
Unbelievably people are still considering him, apparently 6 unhappy patients isn't many, one wonders exactly how many horror stories they need to hear  ::)

Should be ready around Jan/Feb. I have to come to terms with the fact that I will never look as good as I could have if Mommaerts hadn't done his worst - that's pretty hard to swallow after so many thousands spent and so many years wasted.

How is your surgeon search going, any joy with Pelo or Triaca?

falcao

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 04:56:43 AM »
Unbelievably people are still considering him, apparently 6 unhappy patients isn't many, one wonders exactly how many horror stories they need to hear  ::)

Should be ready around Jan/Feb. I have to come to terms with the fact that I will never look as good as I could have if Mommaerts hadn't done his worst - that's pretty hard to swallow after so many thousands spent and so many years wasted.

How is your surgeon search going, any joy with Pelo or Triaca?

It's everything. Yes, it's the money. Current estimates is that I spent $65,000, and people still consider him because he's "affordable". f**king affordable. I have to work like a slave some of the best years of my life without allowing myself a holiday to pay his f**kup.  I could have got a surgery with Arnett or Gunson with that money and move on. I know, they do not always deliver the perfect result, but they are not butchers either.

But as you know the money is only part of the story. I sympathize so much with what you said above, that you could never in your life fulfill your potential after him. We do not deserve this. No one does.

I'll let you know about my surgeon search soon. PM me if I forget.