Author Topic: Dr Douglas Sinn?  (Read 9005 times)

bpanther

Dr Douglas Sinn?
« on: October 10, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »
Would anyone recommend Dr. Sinn? I've heard some good things about him and would like to know your opinions.

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: Dr Douglas Sinn?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 04:39:04 PM »
Didn't Earl get a Modified Le Fort III with him?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 08:20:16 PM »
I don't think anyone is as fastidious as earl is about choosing surgeons.  So that should give a clue.

bpanther

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 04:14:28 AM »
Didn't Earl get a Modified Le Fort III with him?

Yeah, that's him. I read your post in the "Mommaerts Mystery" topic: "Conversely, people on this forum are demanding a very high standard of their surgeons. It's why they haven't simply gone to a local maxfac and instead spent time researching what they feel is the best surgical plan and the best surgeon."

I've always had my doubts about local maxfac surgeons, and I know for sure that mine isn't going to be focusing on the aesthetic aspect of jaw surgery at all, but just the functional aspect of it. It's why I've been considering taking my business elsewhere ever since I joined this forum. Dr. Sinn looks good (how many surgeons out there can pull off a modified Lefort III with such ease?) but what surgeons would you recommend? I've got my SARPE coming up soon and I reckon my local maxfac can handle that, but beyond that I'm not sure.

geijutsu

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 05:58:53 AM »
I know someone who went to arnett/gunson for the surgical planning, then took the plan to a local maxfax to perform the surgery. She looked gorgeous afterwards and saved a lot of $$.

bpanther

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 06:03:28 AM »
I know someone who went to arnett/gunson for the surgical planning, then took the plan to a local maxfax to perform the surgery. She looked gorgeous afterwards and saved a lot of $$.

What sets arnett/gunson apart from the rest, if you don't mind me asking?

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 06:29:06 AM »
What sets arnett/gunson apart from the rest, if you don't mind me asking?

They focus a lot on the aesthetics of the face and also have an extreme amount of experience between the two of them. Arnett alone has done countless surgeries and been doing this for over 30 years and I hear he often gets to do revisions on cases other surgeons have botched. I asked my surgeon if he could name anyone who possibly help me and the only name he could give me was Arnett.

Their consultations cost $500 but they seem to be worth it since you get to talk to them for hours and they are very meticulous in planning the surgery. That's much more than most other surgeons will do during a consultation. I don't want to give them any more hype than what they already have, but I feel confident with recommending them for a consultation in case you need a second opinion and want to make sure your current surgery plan makes sense.

bpanther

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 07:56:56 AM »
They focus a lot on the aesthetics of the face and also have an extreme amount of experience between the two of them. Arnett alone has done countless surgeries and been doing this for over 30 years and I hear he often gets to do revisions on cases other surgeons have botched. I asked my surgeon if he could name anyone who possibly help me and the only name he could give me was Arnett.

Their consultations cost $500 but they seem to be worth it since you get to talk to them for hours and they are very meticulous in planning the surgery. That's much more than most other surgeons will do during a consultation. I don't want to give them any more hype than what they already have, but I feel confident with recommending them for a consultation in case you need a second opinion and want to make sure your current surgery plan makes sense.

Sounds great. I seem to have settled on Dr. Sinn for everything (especially after Earl's glowing review of him) because it'd be extremely inconvenient and expensive for me to hop from doctor to doctor (especially considering that I'll be going all the way to the US from Australia as I have zero faith in local maxfac surgeons). Hopefully he's as good as arnett/gunson as he's been in the practice for 30 years, been president of the American maxfac board, etc.

Although I might not rule out getting a second opinion with A/G and then contrasting it with Dr Sinn's plan.

falcao

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 08:01:37 AM »
Do it, even if Sinn was president of the inter-galactic maxillo-facial surgeon society. For your peace of mind, make the extra bit of expense - you will find the consult with Arnett valuable.

I'm also from Australia and flew to Santa Barbara to see Arnett after the Mommaerts fiasco (unfortunately after, not before). If you want any information PM me or look for my post here where I detail my consult experience with Arnett (it's in the private forum though).

bpanther

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 08:10:21 AM »
I'm also from Australia and flew to Santa Barbara to see Arnett after the Mommaerts fiasco (unfortunately after, not before). If you want any information PM me or look for my post here where I detail my consult experience with Arnett (it's in the private forum though).

I'll check it out. How do I access the private forum, though?  :-\

bpanther

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 08:20:57 AM »

I've heard it's some "Miss J's Forum" but I'm unable to join.

falcao

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 08:23:23 AM »
No, it doesn't have anything to do with MissJ forum, which is a cosmetic surgery private forum. I was referring to the private forum here. Contact the admin. Not sure if you have enough posts to be allowed private access. In any case, if you have any questions for me, feel free to PM me. I'm here to help.

In a nutshell, as said above, Arnett will give you a solid 3 or more hours of his time, which is unprecedented for someone who is thought to be the leading world authority in the field. If he sees you are intelligent and have done your research, he will be even more accommodating. He spent about 4 hours with me and was happy to go through every detail.

The consult charge, which includes teeth molds and a cone beam scan, is even less than what the average Australian surgeon will charge you for the same service (the type of surgeon who does 3 orthognathic surgeries in a year on average). The experience is not comparable though (I have consulted a number of Australian surgeons myself).

I have not had any surgical experience with him, so I don't want to speak out of place. However, in my opinion, part of their success, apart from the enormous experience each one of them separately and between themselves, is the fact that they take your time with you. You are not another consult patient on the waiting list.

bpanther

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 10:40:46 AM »
I scoured through the forum and as there is no visible option to contact the admin, I'd like to ask if my request to join the private forum would be considered, as I'm on the cusp of heavy orthognathic surgery and falcao's posts would be an immense help to me (if the admin's reading this). Thanks.

geijutsu

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2014, 10:42:11 AM »
I scoured through the forum and as there is no visible option to contact the admin, I'd like to ask if my request to join the private forum would be considered, as I'm on the cusp of heavy orthognathic surgery and falcao's posts would be an immense help to me (if the admin's reading this). Thanks.

http://missjfacialplasticsurgery.com/

Her email address is the first thing written when you visit the site.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2014, 10:50:42 AM »
http://missjfacialplasticsurgery.com/

Her email address is the first thing written when you visit the site.

He wants to join the private forum here I think, not hers.