Author Topic: How bad is my situation?  (Read 4904 times)

mopdop

How bad is my situation?
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »
Here is a picture of my profile, i had 4 pre molars extracted, i have 24 teeth, when i smile only 6 of my teeth are clearly visible, i have jaw pain, i think i have sleep apnea, and i'm still wearing braces, have been for 2 years but i delayed the treatment by jaw jutting which apparently made my upper teeth inverted so i had an underbite and iv'e been wearing bands on and off, i wana know if the bands change the shape of the jaw, how recessed my maxilla is and surgerys i need to correct my f**kED UP f**kING FACE

Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/JlGNo

mopdop

Re: How bad is my situation?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 01:15:46 AM »
I can already tell you that any jaw surgery will not 'fix your face'. Accept that and get some confidence.
why do you say that?  :-[

mopdop

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:21:51 AM »
I can already tell you that any jaw surgery will not 'fix your face'. Accept that and get some confidence.
kyra?

Bazarov

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 01:22:27 AM »
It's pretty easy to tell which site you're browsing in the second picture. My advice -- don't.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 01:22:42 AM »
why do you say that?  :-[

You don't look deformed.

mopdop

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 01:26:18 AM »
You don't look deformed.
let me give you a hot news flash, i'm ugly as f**king f**k don't mean to be rude bro but i need opinions about how to look better  ;D

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 01:36:07 AM »
let me give you a hot news flash, i'm ugly as f**king f**k don't mean to be rude bro but i need opinions about how to look better  ;D
Jaw surgery makes the biggest difference when you have an obvious deformity.  And even then the improvement is one level at best. Ugly due to deformity before jaw surgery --> average after.  Average before due to deformity --> good looking after.  This is the best case scenario - 1 rung up the ladder at best.

You look completely average and not deformed.  If you have functional issues, it may still be worth it however.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 05:59:12 AM »
It's pretty easy to tell which site you're browsing in the second picture. My advice -- don't.

Excellent advice.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 07:12:48 AM »
I would wager a significant percentage of this forums userbase are from that site.

Indeed, it's most unfortunate - that place is a breeding ground for negativity, the fact that so many normal looking lads come here with a view to carving up their faces says it all.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:28:14 AM by Modigliani »

Rico

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »
WTF You have normal symmetry and everything OK. I mean how you look ,don't know about jaw functions
Therapist not surgeon, when it comes to how you look ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:46:29 AM by xdon82 »

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »
Here is a picture of my profile, i had 4 pre molars extracted, i have 24 teeth, when i smile only 6 of my teeth are clearly visible, i have jaw pain, i think i have sleep apnea, and i'm still wearing braces, have been for 2 years but i delayed the treatment by jaw jutting which apparently made my upper teeth inverted so i had an underbite and iv'e been wearing bands on and off, i wana know if the bands change the shape of the jaw, how recessed my maxilla is and surgerys i need to correct my f**kED UP f**kING FACE

Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/JlGNo

What the other posters have said is correct.

it sounds like you may need surgery for functional reasons, but don't expect to look better from it. cosmetically you may benefit from a sliding genio as your chin is slightly weak.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Alue

• Private
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »
Join the 24 teeth club!   >:(
If you have functional issues, surgery may be worth it, but if you don't, given your current profile, I don't think it would be worth it.  The movements a surgeon would do would likely be minimal unless they go full Sailer. 

Have your wisdom teeth came in yet? 

mopdop

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 11:02:04 PM »
Join the 24 teeth club!   >:(
If you have functional issues, surgery may be worth it, but if you don't, given your current profile, I don't think it would be worth it.  The movements a surgeon would do would likely be minimal unless they go full Sailer. 

Have your wisdom teeth came in yet?
no lmao

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 11:35:22 PM »
I do not think you look ugly as f**k man lol. You have a very symmetrical face, very full looking,  full looking lips and some cool ass hair hahah. Maybe talk to a counselor.  Im always jealous of people with really full temple areas because mine is narrow as f**k. I have to have fillers injected into my temples to fill them back up. I dont know why I lost so much volume there.

Balanced

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 05:00:36 AM »
I agree with all the post replys here. You look great and unless there is a significant functional need for surgery then dont spend any more time thinking about it. The cost/risk vs. reward/ benefit would make no sense for you. You are above average as you are man. Put your time and mental energy into better more rewarding things  ;)