Author Topic: DO of mandibular arch if I have crowding teeth?  (Read 1337 times)

Veds

DO of mandibular arch if I have crowding teeth?
« on: October 25, 2014, 11:55:57 AM »
My lower jaw/mandibular arch looks like this one

Is it possible to straight my teeth having Distraction Osteogenesis of the mandibular arch or doctors will suggest premolars extractions?

What are the best options I can count on?

notrain

• Private
Re: DO of mandibular arch if I have crowding teeth?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 02:33:39 PM »
both are possible.

however, if you use distraction osteogenesis on the mandible, the lower arch will most likely be too wide for the upper arch. so you would need sarpe to widen that as well.

this would be in addition to the following bimax surgery, so that's 3 surgeries total.

for simplicity, doctors will recommend premolar extractions to cancel 2 of those 3 operations.

Veds

Re: DO of mandibular arch if I have crowding teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 05:52:04 AM »
both are possible.

however, if you use distraction osteogenesis on the mandible, the lower arch will most likely be too wide for the upper arch. so you would need sarpe to widen that as well.

this would be in addition to the following bimax surgery, so that's 3 surgeries total.

for simplicity, doctors will recommend premolar extractions to cancel 2 of those 3 operations.

Thanks! Distraction osteogenesis and SARPE can be used at the same time? And bimax surgery months later?

Briefly, 3 surgeries with 2 post-op or 3 post-op? Post-op is sadly what makes any treatment painful and time consuming.