Author Topic: premolars extractions  (Read 16266 times)

sweptaway91

premolars extractions
« on: December 24, 2014, 07:04:13 AM »
here's how my bite looks  like (my molars are already very crowded). two orthos say that I need premolars extractions (upper and lower). does it make sense?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vic

Re: premolars extractions
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 10:45:46 AM »
It looks like your teeth are protruding, so yes it makes sense as they need the space to move your teeth back and straight

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 01:11:23 AM »
I would not have premolars taken out under ANY cirumstances. Ask the ortho if he can either expand the jaw OR go see a Damon braces doctor and ask how thy will straighten teeth. Brother, you're in for a WORLD of agony and pain if you get your premolars extracted, they're there for a reason.

yxcvb

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 06:31:34 AM »
I think you should watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g2xKDwsmdg

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 11:04:30 PM »
where was this goddamn video when i went for ortho treatment. well this site was just beginning then. f**king hell. at least no on else who reads this will have this brutal procedure done to them. I only hope that jaw surgery and bringing my jaws and cheekbones forward will rectify the deformation I have gone through. And turst me fellas my lips etc. are f**ked now, all sunken inn like an old man.

Vic

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »
where was this goddamn video when i went for ortho treatment. well this site was just beginning then. f**king hell. at least no on else who reads this will have this brutal procedure done to them. I only hope that jaw surgery and bringing my jaws and cheekbones forward will rectify the deformation I have gone through. And turst me fellas my lips etc. are f**ked now, all sunken inn like an old man.

What can you do to go back to normal after having Pre-molars out?

Vic

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 12:23:34 PM »
I would like to know how they counteract Bi-max protrusion without taking teeth out

needadvancement

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 01:01:03 PM »
I would like to know how they counteract Bi-max protrusion without taking teeth out

That's what I will be getting next year. I got crowding on the mandible incisors and some bimax. Luckily my teeth are going inward like a cross bite so my orthodontist thinks he can fix it without extractions. That was a big relief for me to hear that.

sweptaway91

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »
my lower arch looks like this... upper kinda similar but teeth more protruded. is there any hope to do sth without extractions?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alue

• Private
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »
How old are you sweptaway91?  It's best to avoid premolar extractions if at all possible. I don't think they should ever be done in people before they are finished growing.   Even if you are finished growing, I would avoid it if possible. 

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »
I am no expert but the arch does not look that crowded.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 07:22:15 PM »
my lower arch looks like this... upper kinda similar but teeth more protruded. is there any hope to do sth without extractions?

No way. No way. Stop asking. Do what you want. You will regret it more than anything in your f**king life. Just find a good surgeon, if your wisdom teeth are out you're ready for surgery. The extractions will create so much excess space, even when the teeth are brought together your face will melt and your tongue will be compressed in your mouth. Now stop asking!

needadvancement

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 01:46:44 AM »

Palate expander in the middle? The whole front of the teeth look good though.

sean89

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 11:30:44 AM »
You need your upper jaw shortened. You also need your upper jaw widened so that there is room for your teeth to come backwards.

Balanced

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 06:45:28 AM »
A lateral x-ray might help to see what is back or forward and to see what your other options might be.