Author Topic: jaw range of motion post op  (Read 1636 times)

nrelax11

• Private
jaw range of motion post op
« on: December 30, 2014, 04:29:42 PM »
Will I ever be able to open my mouth as wide as I did pre op? I was able to fit 4 fingers width like most people are able to, and it seems a lot of people can only fit a little over 3 post op. Will a major stretching routine help at all?

sean89

Re: jaw range of motion post op
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »
This is something I'm suffering from at the minute - even though I didn't have traditional bimax.

I've probably read 1000s of posts, blogs and studies on jaw surgery but i barely remember reading anything about the decreased range of jaw motion post-surgery. If you have over-erupted maxillary incisors and or vertical maxillary excess, then being able to open your mouth wide is very important so as not to impede your speech.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 06:17:23 PM »
I think I'm back to pre-op range.  But I could never open my mouth very wide - 3 fingers only (and no sausage fingers).

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 12:53:28 AM »
Yea I mean I've read countless cases where people couldn't open as wide anymore, so I guess its no biggy really. It just makes it a little harder to eat hamburgers sometimes lol. I still havent had the chance to make out with someone, so im interested what that will be like hahah.