Author Topic: Neck Pain better after jaw surgery?  (Read 1740 times)

uga2000

Neck Pain better after jaw surgery?
« on: January 14, 2015, 07:29:45 AM »
Did anyone have neck pain that got better after jaw surgery?  I've always thought it was tmj related but now I'm hearing it may have to do with my bite/jaw structure.  Thanks.

mec

• Private
Re: Neck Pain better after jaw surgery?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 01:05:31 PM »
My neck pain has gotten much better since surgery and even more so after a few bite adjustments along the way.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »
that's good to hear, since my tmj has gotten worse my neck pain has been unbelievably bad. I'm hoping when I become a malocclusion 3 it'll get better. There's always hope.

terry947

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 11:23:44 PM »
There's definitely a correlation between occlusion and posture/neck pain. There are these guys from Italy who have almost cured their own scoliosis, kyphosis and lordosis with this method. They actaully just released how to do everything for free ( there used to be a high fee).

If anyone is interested Google: starecta

I will be starting this soon, before I get jaw surgery.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 10:49:52 AM »
I believe this 100% since I had jaw surgery last year.   The surgeon who messed up the position of my upper jaw has caused me no end of neck pain and nerve pain.  I haven't been to the gym in 6-7 months because it has been painful.  It has also caused me terrible nerve pain that started around the same time, burning, tingling, pins and needles all over my the back of my head and all over my scalp this has been continuous I wouldn't wish it upon my worse enemy.  The neck pain I can deal with the nerve pain I can't. 

I have ordered ddp yoga to help with my posture and will be looking at booking pilate sessions to see if this will do any thing.

I'm hoping when I do have my second jaw surgery and finally be a class 1 my neck and nerve pain will be gone and I will finally be pain free, live in hope :)

I will have a read because this all make sense to me.