Author Topic: Jaw Surgery can I avoid?  (Read 979 times)

Marker1993

Jaw Surgery can I avoid?
« on: February 20, 2015, 11:38:30 PM »
Hi all,

|BACK STORY|

I injured my jaw few months back when I bite something too hard. I heard a crack sound in front of my ear, slight pain.

Initially I didn't feel that there is anything wrong with it till I woke up the next morning and felt that I had problem opening the left side of my mouth. I kept utilizing it by biting with left side more often to reduce the pain and clenching the left side of the jaw helps too. I also went to dentist and got some painkiller, muscles relax and muscles cream.

However recently my cheek gum start to swell and the coronoid process bone is very pain. (I know because I put my hand in my mouth to feel which part of it is pain in case it was wisdom tooth.)

|THE PROBLEM NOW|

I realised the left side of my coronoid process move as I open my mouth widely while the right side does not. Surgeon told me I had to do surgery next if the medicine does not help.

I DO NOT WANT surgery. Because I have a square face and my cheek bone is pretty wide and high. I am afraid that jaw surgery will make ruin my appearance and since it is an irreversable process I am really afraid.

|What I hope to know|
Do anyone know whether there is another way where I can avoid jaw surgery?

Men
22 year old

Marker1993

Re: Jaw Surgery can I avoid?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 06:56:49 AM »
My top teeth now feel like a bit weak and may I know what is collapse? and infection can it be prevented by medication?

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 07:02:33 AM »
These are questions you need to ask a jaw surgeon. You should at least get a second opinion if you're desperate to avoid jaw surgery.

buzzhead

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 08:01:26 AM »
You don't mention anything about the surgeon wanting to actually relocate the jaws.  Seems like he or she will simply stabilize where it is broke so that it can heal properly in its original location.