Author Topic: What kind of procedure would you guys recommend?  (Read 13898 times)

terry947

Re: What kind of procedure would you guys recommend?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2015, 10:09:06 PM »
  ;D wow amazing notrain!!! thanks for this!

In your opinion, does my bimax protrusion look bad?

@ tumerican - ya thats what mouth breathing does to you.

I wondering if the midface recession is noticeable enough from ceph to the point where a surgeon could consider a high lefort I or a Lefort II/III...

heres pics of my face again incase people want to compare it with the ceph: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kfmezx6sre5pfpe/AAChETm8p18dLyP6WCKukWZ3a?dl=0
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:23:37 PM by terry947 »

notrain

• Private
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 03:21:44 AM »
in my opinion, no.

needadvancement

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 08:12:33 AM »
We're somewhat similar in ways. I also have a big brow ridge which supports the upper part of my eyes well, but my lower orbital rims are weak so I have some scleral show. You don't have that so you're lucky in that aspect. I think fixing your bimax will do a lot for your looks and health, it's just that some are reccomending a lot of surgeries so hopefully you can find what you're looking for without going the extremely invasive route(i.e. one and done).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:05:35 AM by needadvancement »

terry947

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 12:04:58 PM »
thats for the input guys. I don't have scleral show, but my eyes droop on the sides, I guess because of the dropped maxilla? When I have forward head posture it looks worse because I bring my chin upwards. In all of the picture+ceph, I kind of  tuck my chin in and try to position my head as if it was level. If that makes sense.

f**k if only I didn't mouth breathe I think I would've have been an ok looking guy.

Also judging from the ceph does the mimax protrusion look dental or skeletal?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:13:20 PM by terry947 »

terry947

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 06:24:16 PM »
Also would it be even possible for jaw surgery to line up point a & b with the redline? seems like its a pretty big movement. And from what I've read the maxilla can only be moved 7mm max, which seems small.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 06:24:42 AM »
your bimax protrusion is dental (small dental arches pushing the teeth labially).

arnett and gunson could line up points A and B with the red line, a run of the mill surgeon probably not.
there's a scale in the top right corner of your ceph, you can use this to measure your recession. a big step is 1cm, a small step 2mm.

terry947

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2015, 08:31:05 PM »
Oh I didn't even notice that scale. Thanks for the help notrain!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2015, 01:04:37 AM »
Walk through your local mall, and you will see very tall people with tiny heads, short people with huge heads and everything in between.  I wouldn't read too much into it.  What is most important is how the features on the face sit together, their spacings.

terry947

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2015, 04:22:40 PM »
IMO, my head fits my bodysize well. My problem is my retruded jaws/chin make my face look longer then it actually is. The fat/skin under my chin has no where to go but down.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2015, 10:03:21 PM »
IMO, my head fits my bodysize well. My problem is my retruded jaws/chin make my face look longer then it actually is. The fat/skin under my chin has no where to go but down.

I've said it before, but your problems are squarely at the occlusal level.  You need conventional jaw surgery and everything else will fall into place.

terry947

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2015, 10:39:42 PM »
I really appreciate your advice Plosko, but I'll eventually try and get a consultation with A/G, keller, and hopefully obwegesser and see that they say. If it truly is at the occlusal level, I'd be very happy. :)

terry947

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2015, 06:46:10 PM »
Quick questions:

When getting BSSO, does it make the jaw also look wider? I've seen some before and after and it looks like it does.

Also when they impact the maxilla and make the occlusal more flat, would that make the mandible angle look less steep and the face look slightly shorter? Just wondering because when I jut my jaw forward, it makes my face look longer and more hollow looking...

my bite opened up because I wore a mouth guard at night that was angled at the front (stupid dentist) for grinding my teeth and also from tongue thrusting. I developed tongue thrusting sometime after braces, pre braces  I was just a class 2 with a deep bite.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:51:07 PM by terry947 »

notrain

• Private
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2015, 12:26:33 AM »
Quick questions:

When getting BSSO, does it make the jaw also look wider? I've seen some before and after and it looks like it does.

yes, that's because the mandible is wider in the back than in the front. once you slide it forward, the wider part will be closer to someone looking at you.
Also when they impact the maxilla and make the occlusal more flat, would that make the mandible angle look less steep and the face look slightly shorter?

yes, that's how it works.