Author Topic: If one can't get a mod-lefort III, would other options be better than nothing?  (Read 11295 times)

terry947

I just like to get peoples opinions on this.

Say if I can't get a lefort III, would It better to keep my retrognathic profile (class II) or get a lefort I/BSSO to have a normal profile but risk having a flatter looking mid-face?

mynameis

Hard to answer without pictures really. I'd say everybodies an individual case. There's the standardised ideal of whats good looking, you know like models or brad pitt.

But there's people with flat midfaces who can be good looking, and people with imperfect profiles that are still good looking.

PloskoPlus

I just like to get peoples opinions on this.

Say if I can't get a lefort III, would It better to keep my retrognathic profile (class II) or get a lefort I/BSSO to have a normal profile but risk having a flatter looking mid-face?

Well strictly speaking you would need a Le Fort I regardless, since your bite is messed up.  While it is possible to correct the bite with an LFIII, it has a very limited range of movements.  So it would have to be a combined: modified LFIII + LFI.  The main problem with LFI is not that the mid face ends up being flat, but the opposite - a protrusive lower part of the mid face giving a chimp look if the upper part is still recessed.

I don't think you have very recessed orbits.  LFI can still improve the way your under eye area looks.  It does not touch the orbital area obviously, only tents up the the muscles somewhat.  But it helps in the same way chin augmentation is like a free nose job in profile, if that makes sense.

terry947

thanks plosko for the input!

@ mynameis - heres a dropbox link of my face. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kfmezx6sre5pfpe/AAChETm8p18dLyP6WCKukWZ3a?dl=0

PloskoPlus

^ I think fat grafting would be a viable option (if you have no other issues).  It seems more of a soft tissue issue anyhow.  I would def. give fat grafting a try before committing to actual surgery though (obviously).

Fat cells tend to get bigger with age.  Fat grafts in general a unpredictable.

geijutsu

It's crazy how casually the word lefort III has been dropping here lately. I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people that post about it don't even need it the way syndrome cases do. Fix your occlusion first, then work your way around the rest with less risky, more controllable modalities.

PloskoPlus

It's crazy how casually the word lefort III has been dropping here lately. I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people that post about it don't even need it the way syndrome cases do. Fix your occlusion first, then work your way around the rest with less risky, more controllable modalities.

My occlusion has been fixed, but my upper mid face is still recessed. What other modalities?

terry947

I heard fat graphs are garbage since they look really bad when you start aging. Real bone movements are greater than anything else.

Also heres the thread of the girl I was talking about:  http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=787.15

"the above is a lefort 2 quadrangular. incision is made at the lower orbital rim, but the nose remains untouched. midface is brought forward."

If this is a legit LF II, then these results are AMAZING!

Rico

Who operated that girl from photos above ? nice result

geijutsu

My occlusion has been fixed, but my upper mid face is still recessed. What other modalities?

If you're looking into augmenting your cheekbones then customized implants would be a far more predictable, and less invasive route than having a lefort/modified lefort III.

What are exactly your main problem areas?

Rico

again I see everyone overlooked my post about ZSSO (not sandwich one)

geijutsu

again I see everyone overlooked my post about ZSSO (not sandwich one)

Dr. Eugene E Keller

Rico

but what ;) ?

geijutsu

quadrangular Le Fort II osteotomy

Rico

but i'm writing about ZSSO