Author Topic: hi all,what do u guys think i should do?  (Read 11042 times)

Macros

hi all,what do u guys think i should do?
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »
hi all,im new to this forum

im posting some pic of my xray and conebeam for getting some advice of what i need.
i have been talking to some mxillo surgeon and pre all said that i need a lofort 1 and my main problem is the mid face.
Plu i have a narrow maxilla fixable with a palatal expansion.
casue im really sure i will not fix my midface problem only with a lef1,plus i dnt know what to do with my checkbones deficieces ,what do u guys thinks about?

[attachment deleted by admin]

terry947

Re: hi all,what do u guys think i should do?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:33:57 PM »
it looks like everything lines up nicely, a lefort I might give you a chimp look since your pre-maxilla and mandible aren't recessed. The procedures that are talked about on this forum for advancing the midface are, a modified lefort II/III and ZSSO.

Macros

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:39:32 AM »
do I say, concerning the images, don't you believe that my lower jaw is grown too much and too much down?and to me it seems that the maxilla is grown too much down, even for the mouth breathing that caused by my deviated septum

what I want to say in short that according to me besides the problem of the mid face, i think also have a problem of vertical growth of my entire face
am i wrong?

Macros

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 05:20:20 AM »
do so u think there is no other option for the midface?
what about implants?

Macros

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 05:27:19 AM »
plus i can post some real life pic
i really appreciate some advice

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 05:58:33 AM »
Yes you appear to suffer from long face syndrome.

Mark505

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 06:04:46 AM »
do so u think there is no other option for the midface?
what about implants?

treating mid-face deficiency with implants is not effective in my opinion. not only it doesn't improve eye area, but it accentuates it and at the end eyes tend to look spooky. I've only seen 1 example of mid-face deficient patient who was treated with implants and that I actually liked. 

Macros

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 08:21:46 AM »
so in the end do u think all mid-face deficiency are treated with some like mod lefort like the guy on this forum?

what do u seggest in my case?

Mark505

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 10:35:17 AM »
so in the end do u think all mid-face deficiency are treated with some like mod lefort like the guy on this forum?

what do u seggest in my case?

nothing. I'm not thought enough to give you decent opinion. Here are some guys who know cephalometry and they can tell you more, but take all with grain of salt as well. You'll also probably need to upload lateral and 3/4 images color images(you may censure out eye-balls).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:27:26 PM by Mark505 »

Macros

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »
ok im doing this

Macros

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 04:16:32 PM »
here we are

Macros

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 04:17:56 PM »
pic

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 08:48:58 PM »
@Mark505 Nice, I made it into your signature :D I decided later that CCW in that context was ill defined.

@Macros You indeed have significant mid-face deficiency there. I've noticed some of these people have darkening under the eyes as well. Anyone know why that is? Mine just cast shadows right now. In any case, it appears your mid-face needs to come forward and you may need augmentation to form the cheekbones as well. Should you do it? That's been the debate on here. In an ideal world a skeletal movement is certainly preferable. This isn't an ideal world and not all problems should be fixed even if they can be. My brother was just telling me last night about a 22yo in his hospital who had one of the gastric surgeries to lose weight. Simple, routine procedure that they do all the time. Sutures tore and stomach acid ended up over all her internal organs, in her lungs, etc. She's been in the hospital for 4mo, they had to remove the stomach, parts of her intestines (TPN complication), infections, etc. In her position, I'd rather they just let me die. She has a long painful, unhappy life ahead of her.

Macros

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 02:00:06 AM »
i think that the circels under my eyes prob comes from lack of oxygen due to a nasalseptum deviation,but im not sure  100%
i could also say some peopls think is due to think skin.
you are completely rught my freinds since when i understand my midface problems,i have looking for the procedure and every time i see a LF3 OR or something invasive like that,ZSSO etc my heart begins to accelerate.i agree with u on all argument but i continue to dnt stop think about my image.
we live in the social network'era ,appereanceh ahve always had theyr huge importance but right now,in the world of selfie's youtube,facebook etc ìif u have some problems ,if u dnt fit in some standars u are not considerated ,u start 10 point behind,and not only in social contest ,even in ur work carrear.
I dnt know what to do,im really seraching the best way to find my balance.

back to the problem,i was looking for some cepghalometric program\or some 3d analysis face for triyng to do a some simulation u know something?

jesterofmalice

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 05:08:18 AM »
I don't really see much midface 'deficiancy' here?