Author Topic: Sliding Genioplasty Journey with Dr. Gunson  (Read 56123 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: Sliding Genioplasty Journey with Dr. Gunson
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »
Do you show more lower teeth when talking after the surgery? Has the ability to close your lips change at all?

ditterbo

« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »
What was the mm size of your airway?  I wish Gunson still did that 3D analysis to see the change with jaw surgery, etc.. He didn't take a panoramic shot when I consulted with him. His reasoning for bimax also was as robust as a house of cards.

SGseeker

« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2017, 07:43:27 AM »
Do you show more lower teeth when talking after the surgery? Has the ability to close your lips change at all?

Nope - same/normal amount as before.

Yes ability to close lips has changed for the better. Resting lips are also closer together. Lower lip hangs less.

Very very happy!

SGseeker

« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2017, 07:44:31 AM »
What was the mm size of your airway?  I wish Gunson still did that 3D analysis to see the change with jaw surgery, etc.. He didn't take a panoramic shot when I consulted with him. His reasoning for bimax also was as robust as a house of cards.

No idea. He did a 3d analysis but it was so long ago i don't remember. Honestly don't think there was a difference in my airway after the SG.

Thanks!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2017, 06:15:32 PM »
No idea. He did a 3d analysis but it was so long ago i don't remember. Honestly don't think there was a difference in my airway after the SG.

Thanks!

just wanted to know do you have any residual numbness or change in feeling?

SGseeker

« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2017, 08:29:12 PM »

No residual numbness. I would say that it feels a little tight sometimes - primarily in the morning after drinking alcohol the night before. Like puffy face in general. No numbness that I know of. I would say i am 9.5/10 back to normal in terms of feeling. There is something very very slightly different vs. what i remember from before. Hope that helps!

marcus3415

« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2017, 08:50:24 PM »

I have passive residual numbness near the mentolabial fold but I can't say that it bothers me that much. barely notice it.

just remembered I had it reading this post actually...then it creeped me out lol