Author Topic: Post Surgery Changes, changes in voice after surgery  (Read 1114 times)

surgeryfatigue

Post Surgery Changes, changes in voice after surgery
« on: April 02, 2015, 03:09:19 AM »
Hi, i am 21 years old and i am facing underbite problem. i've thicker voice. i can't speak clearly. sometimes i feel like i am mumbling. while i am speaking it feels like my nose is blocked and i can't pronounce words properly. but in real my nose is not blocked. i want to ask is that after surgery would i be able to speak clearly and would i be able to get rid of this mumbling. i want to have normal voice like other human being.

molestrip

• Private
Re: Post Surgery Changes, changes in voice after surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 07:39:10 AM »
I have a similar problem. My voice is very deep due to my nose being blocked. I'm hoping that fixing that will give me a normal voice. It's nice to go to bars and be able to speak, no? Anyone else know if this happens?

sean89

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 07:57:33 AM »
Mumbling could intensify as the jaws do not open as wide post surgery. As for changes to the pitch of your voice, Im not so sure. Hypernasal speech and velopharyngeal insufficiency can be caused by the le fort procedure so things might balance out

surgeryfatigue

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 10:33:25 AM »
anyone who have any knowledge can share. i've another question. can i eat hard food after surgery? i am saying about when i will be fully recovered. can i eat hard nuts, sugarcane etc? will my jaws be strong enough?

JawKid7

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 12:03:10 PM »
I have the same problems as you and I'm hoping surgery will fix it
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015