Author Topic: What's the story with Dr Wolford's online footprint?  (Read 2188 times)

molestrip

• Private
What's the story with Dr Wolford's online footprint?
« on: April 10, 2015, 12:54:06 AM »
Every oral surgeon knows Dr Wolford. Most plastic surgeons and orthodontists I met did as well. By contrast, only about half knew Dr Arnett. I hear he's done about 5000 surgeries in his career yet his online footprint is virtually non-existent. What gives? I've found a few references to his TMJ work, which he does a lot of admittedly. I could only find one guy who did a plain jaw surgery with him and I met a girl through the FB group who consulted him. She said he does surgeries in SF and gets a lot of business there for simple jaw surgeries. Do we have an idea of what his track record is like for non-joint work?

needagameplan

Re: What's the story with Dr Wolford's online footprint?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 01:31:22 PM »
What do you mean?

His gallery is the most impressive I've ever seen

This is the work of an artist, as far as I'm concerned. I truly respect this man for giving these people their lives back

http://www.drlarrywolford.com/galleries/photos-maxillofacial-surgery/

molestrip

• Private
Re: What's the story with Dr Wolford's online footprint?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 01:56:52 PM »
Interesting, he redesigned the website. The new pictures do indeed look good. Yes he's a very talented surgeon for sure. But not because of what you see in the pictures. The true reasons are much more subtle that only oral surgeons understand and a few obsessive patients :P

One of my concerns about using him, though, is that his publications have been focused on joint work lately. His last paper on any other topic was about ten years ago. So while it's nice that he has a lot of experience with other problems and it's routine for him at this point to solve them, I wonder whether other surgeons might have progressed more in tools and technique since. In some ways I don't want to ask about these items anymore because I want to maintain the allure of having a great surgeon. Become too picky and you'll have no surgeon but yourself lol.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:18:27 PM by molestrip »