Author Topic: Do you have any tips for taking pics of yourself ? [pics]  (Read 5437 times)

avel

Do you have any tips for taking pics of yourself ? [pics]
« on: May 06, 2015, 06:29:38 AM »
i want to post some pics so we can discuss what surgeries would suit me the best ( for jaw and eyes) but its starting to make me crazy, everytime i have a different face, do you have some advice, like at what distance should i take them, the lighting, the camera, the posture ?
right know i'm taking pics with a Canon PowerShot SX200 IS, i have a canon reflex camera too but right know i lend it to a friend
here is what i'm talking about

you see? i look very different from pics to pics so how can i get acurate advices if i can't take correct pics of myself ?
Should i take pics with a reflex camera instead ?

avel

Re: Do you have any tips for taking pics of yourself ? [pics]
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 07:38:52 AM »
yeah it's s**tty thing, because with improper lighting, angle, distance... flaws can go hidden easily. I just took a bunch of images from typical perspectives (lateral, 3/4 and frontal) and sent them to few people who made an unbiased selection. Otherwise you could try at local orthodontist office, the even might do it for free.

can you tell me who are these people, so i can send them pics of me in differents angle?
because i don't think orthodontist will accept an appointement just for the sake of taking pics where i live :/

avel

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 07:45:18 AM »
i heard about lense distortion this is why the new pics (where i have a black shirt) took them from far (like  a bit less than 1 meter vs the first that i took at something like 15cm )

so which one should be realistic ?

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:56:50 AM »
having a lateral ceph is useful because it shows not only the soft tissue profile, but it's relationship to the bony structure. It also reveals information about your posture and airway. Get some X-rays if you are thinking about surgery!

avel

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 08:00:04 AM »
having a lateral ceph is useful because it shows not only the soft tissue profile, but it's relationship to the bony structure. It also reveals information about your posture and airway. Get some X-rays if you are thinking about surgery!

thank you brother
wait i think i  already have one, i gonna look and get back in a minute

avel

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 08:17:31 AM »

fuark i have all kind of scan (brain,shoulders,spine, neck, hand  but no Lateral cephalometric radiographs....)

and yes i want to do  these surgeries,my decision was made years ago

thankk you brother
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:26:51 AM by avel »

avel

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 08:25:09 AM »
i just have to take a trip to an orthodontist that specialize in orthognathic surgery and ask them for the X rays and pics ?
would you guys be able to give me some advices after that ?

avel

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 01:46:13 PM »

dantheman should i go to an orthodontist to have a lateral ceph ?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »
i want to post some pics so we can discuss what surgeries would suit me the best ( for jaw and eyes) but its starting to make me crazy, everytime i have a different face, do you have some advice, like at what distance should i take them, the lighting, the camera, the posture ?
right know i'm taking pics with a Canon PowerShot SX200 IS, i have a canon reflex camera too but right know i lend it to a friend
here is what i'm talking about

you see? i look very different from pics to pics so how can i get acurate advices if i can't take correct pics of myself ?
Should i take pics with a reflex camera instead ?

Dude just to chime in but you look awesome. You ever seen the French actor Vincent Cassel? You look a bit like a young version of him. You do have a bit of an exotic look that will work for you bigtime --in fact there are models with your look.

You don't need ANYTHING. I can't see your side profile but from the front looks really balanced. You're lucky to have wide-set eyes they are totally prized and it balances out your face wonderfully. I would get off this forum and start living your life.

avel

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 03:08:15 PM »
yes i know vincent cassel, i'm french too
no disrespect bro but i don't know if you are trolling or not, i posted some pics in another forum that i didn't know was full of trolls and they told me to get modified lefort III, genioplasty, forehead implant,Maxillary impaction, Lip lift and i will skip the rest, so i'm becoming wary of what people say

what i want is mandibular implants (both to correct the assymetry and to have an angular jaw),  upper blepharoplasty, orbital decompression, and canthoplexy and probably rim implant because i really dislike my eyes

avel

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »
some pics of the side

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »
Are you mental? You have a fantastic orthagnathic profile. What do you wanna do look like a chimp? Dude you're friggin handsome as hell from any perspective. I repeat, see a shrink, and forget about surgeries. I feel so sorry for you being so handsome yet so insecure about your appearance that it probably limits your life. Seriously, get help.

avel

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 06:13:06 AM »
So after someone reviewed my pics, she told me i only looked like the 6 and 7 pictures in real life the other are not accurate particularly the 4 first ones and the 3 last ones (i'm only talking about the first post pics), the profile pics are accurate

Lazlo not i'm not mental lol and thank you for the compliment, i've read some of your post and i think you are a great guy but i was defensive at first because there are so many trolls these days they even have thousands of posts so they can appear legit.

i'm not insecure about my appearance i just want to look better, if i can why not?
the probleme is that i'm dissatisfied with my eyes, i want them to be less protrude (you can see in the profiles pics that my eyes are on the same level as the brow ridge, kinda like asian) , get rid of the excess skin in the upper eyelid and change their shape if orbital decompression don't get rid of this problem
these are pretty easily done surgeries and they should make my eyes look better
as for the jaw, the problem is assymetry, you see it on the pics, i want to correct that and make it more angular at the same time, killing two birds with one stone lol

it's not excessive, it's not gonna drastically alter my appearance and i will be satisfied but i assure you it doesn't impact my life that much

Lazlo you are a knowledgeable member here, i know that you will disagree about surgeries but they are not meant to disfigure me just help me look a bit better, so do you think i can get the results i want with these procedure? for the eyes : upper blepharoplasty, orbital decompression, and maybe canthoplexy/plasy (don't know the difference)
and for the jaw: custom titanium mandibular angle implants to both correct assymetry and get an angular jaw

thank you brother

PloskoPlus

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 06:17:04 AM »
Ching wing osteotomy instead of implants.  Maybe zygomatic osteotomy to widen your face.

avel

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 06:42:40 AM »
Ching wing osteotomy instead of implants.  Maybe zygomatic osteotomy to widen your face.
why ching wing instead of implants ? after all i only want angular implants
Zygomatic osteotomy ?? you find my face thin lol ?

how making zygomatics wider will help my appearance?

thx