Author Topic: Is it possible to reverse this surgery to the dysfunctional bite?  (Read 1320 times)

Serra

• Private
I had lower jaw surgery to rotate my mandible up and close my open bite along with sliding genioplasty. I had to have a 2nd surgery on my chin a month after because it was vertically elongated and crooked. I had a third surgery on my chin 6 months later to reverse it to its original position and resuspend the mentalis muscle, but this was a failure.

Surgeons tell me conflicting things about whether the lower jaw surgery is contributing to the long, gaunt, masculine appearance of my face now. If it is, does anyone know if the lower jaw can be rotated into its prior malocclusion? I know it's crazy, but this is killing me. In 2 months and a half, it will be a year since my jaw surgery.

Serra

• Private
Re: Is it possible to reverse this surgery to the dysfunctional bite?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 12:00:03 AM »
It was small like 3mm.
I shouldn't have had surgery
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:57:14 PM by Serra »

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 02:42:24 PM »
I had a third surgery on my chin 6 months later to reverse it to its original position and resuspend the mentalis muscle, but this was a failure.

Why did it fail?
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Serra

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 05:44:16 AM »
Mentalis re suspension has a high failure rate.

The surgeon is lying to me about reversing it. One side of my profile is even stronger now IMO. He did a new osteotomy cut and made is so there's a gigantic step off on one side and a small on the other, then shaved the "shelf" of the sliding genio. I wasn't told this, but it's quite obvious. I believe he never intended to reverse it like I asked. I'm getting my medical record tomorrow so I'll see if he now admits it or not.
I'm in a very bad place. I'm disfigured and have been told it can't be reversed now.