Author Topic: Have you bought Mommaerts' book?  (Read 1932 times)

jaws

Gregor Samsa

Re: Have you bought Mommaerts' book?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 08:27:13 AM »
Maybe it's in the style of "this is what you shouldn't do" because he sure seems to have a lot of experience with that.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 05:06:58 AM »
Toilet roll is cheaper.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 05:28:14 AM »
OK, everyone is wiser in hindsight...  But even when the man was hyped here 2 years ago, I didn't get it.  The bites of his patients look off, even though I can't say why.  That ZSO or ZO or whatever he does looks like nothing has been done.  The HA paste stuff to the lower jaw doesn't come close to Triaca's stuff (albeit I didn't find out about chin wings until a fair bit later).  Triaca, A&G, Joseph, Alfaro - all have better before and afters.  At the time I put it down to him not cherry picking the before and afters, or him having "uglier patients to begin with".

jaws

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 07:08:15 AM »
Triaca, A&G, Joseph, Alfaro - all have better before and afters.  At the time I put it down to him not cherry picking the before and afters, or him having "uglier patients to begin with".
Many surgeons have been hyped on the internet but very few have lived up to that hype. Imo A&G is way overpriced, Lazlo said Schendel's work is sloppy, someone wrote that Alfaro and his staff treat patients like cattle, Raffaini have amazing before and afters but is not well regarded in Italy in comparison to other top surgeons there, now stupidjaws told us Pelo has no aesthetic eye and so on.

Balanced

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 12:11:36 PM »
Mommaerts has no interest in dealing with or hearing about anything that goes wrong and with him they go wrong too often.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 03:50:18 AM »
I think that after all the great input provided by some members we can have a short list of 5-10 great doctors across the whole world, for every user:
Triaca in Europe is a great guy, i personally find Zarrinbal to be awesome from personal experience, we have sinn in the US and other surgeons there too, we have heggie in australia, we have the wannabe clinic in korea (i know it has a s**tty name but it's a really good place, lol).

So, if you're willing to move a little, there are awesome surgeons around the planet. and how many we do not know'?? it is important that everyone contributes

jaws

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 06:56:11 AM »
I think that after all the great input provided by some members we can have a short list of 5-10 great doctors across the whole world, for every user:
Triaca in Europe is a great guy, i personally find Zarrinbal to be awesome from personal experience, we have sinn in the US and other surgeons there too, we have heggie in australia, we have the wannabe clinic in korea (i know it has a s**tty name but it's a really good place, lol).

So, if you're willing to move a little, there are awesome surgeons around the planet. and how many we do not know'?? it is important that everyone contributes
We don't know much about Sinn yet, do we? Earl is the only patient who has had a surgery with him and told about his experiences.

I would be a bit wary if someone claims that a clinic is good and has no true knowledge about the independent surgeons who works there.

Rico

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 02:02:38 PM »
f... this. I'm gonna roll the dice and find out who to choose

I just returned from hospital. My uncle (55y old so "young") has overlooked tongue cancer.
Surgeons are gonna cut 3/4 of it ...some part of soft tissue in jaw, part of his neck (metastasis)   ..for god sake. We are embarrassing