Author Topic: comparing smiles  (Read 5677 times)

jesterofmalice

comparing smiles
« on: July 12, 2015, 04:57:51 AM »
Whenever I see a great smile, the person always seems to have a similar 'look' from a kind od 3/4 profile look.
It's like their lower cheek area (the one furthest away from you) is hidden by their teeth/jaws.
As if the area is superglued to their lower gums on the inside.
I used to think it was just extra fat, but I often see overweight people with this effect, and skinny people without it.
Am I right in thinking that it's a matter of having jaws that are advanced/forward that causes this effect?
I've attached a pic to help explain.
The gorgeous girl has the backwards 'C' shape.
The guy (who is lean) has more of a 'C' shape, and you can see the flesh that is inbetween the apple of his cheeks and his chin.
On the far right, i've made it look similar to the girls.

What is causing the difference between them regarding this effect?

[attachment deleted by admin]

jesterofmalice

Re: comparing smiles
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 06:20:28 AM »
Thanks, 27f.
I feel as though I have some kind of visual dyslexia when I look at this sort of stuff!
You seem to confirm my thoughts.

Would moving his jaws forward make the flesh (that  is visibe in his pic but not in hers) disappear?

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 08:07:35 AM »
What is the root cause of this variation? Could it have something to do with recessed lateral orbital rims? My cheesy quarter profile smile looks like this, roughly--with the undereye area looking sort of hollow, but a sizeable bulge on the level of the nasal base.

jesterofmalice

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 03:08:34 AM »
What is the root cause of this variation? Could it have something to do with recessed lateral orbital rims? My cheesy quarter profile smile looks like this, roughly--with the undereye area looking sort of hollow, but a sizeable bulge on the level of the nasal base.

Is that Tom Welling? He's about the best looking guy on planet earth!

Regarding the pic in the OP. I think the 'after' of the guy I posted looks so much better by simply erasing the flesh.
The same effect could be got by pulling the flesh back - a bit like a lower facelift.
If you smile and then put your fingers on your dimples and press hard whilst pulling back, the you get teh same effect

I wonder what surgery would give that look.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 03:10:14 AM »
Is that Tom Welling? He's about the best looking guy on planet earth!

That's Superman (Henry Cavill)...  ;D

jesterofmalice

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 04:23:25 AM »
That's Superman (Henry Cavill)...  ;D

Wow. He looks loads like Tom Welling in that particular pic (and Welling also played Superman in Smallville :) weird )

Although saying that, I did think at the time ''I don't remember Tom's Teeth being like that. Too much of an overbite''

jesterofmalice

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 01:11:31 AM »
what gives the black convict (who recently sent hearts aflutter) the hollowness in the cheek.
It's as if someone has stapled the inside of his cheek to his teeth.

what surrgery would give the white model a similalr look? (It's not weights loss as he already has a 6pack)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 01:49:18 AM »
what gives the black convict (who recently sent hearts aflutter) the hollowness in the cheek.
It's as if someone has stapled the inside of his cheek to his teeth.

what surrgery would give the white model a similalr look? (It's not weights loss as he already has a 6pack)
Massive cheekbones. Tall ramus.  Wide jaw.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 02:12:13 AM »

BINGO!

jesterofmalice

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 02:55:56 AM »
Interesting. Thanks.

The white model on the left could get a similar look if an invisible finger gently pushed against both of his cheeks under his cheekbones, or if someone put magnets on the inside of his cheeks, pulling them together! :) - even just by pouting too an extent!

Do you think there is any surgery that could mimick this effect?
For example, some sort of lower facelift or maybe even something similar to surgery given to people who want 'dimples'??

I have an idea of what makes a good looking face, but lots of the operation feel like 'overkill' to my mind.

MrFox

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 03:03:33 AM »
That guy has hollow cheeks but they look much more concave than they really are because the tissue bulges out around his mouth. I don't know what causes that whether it's structural like teeth or foward jaws or if it's that there is more fat in that area?
Without that you wouldn't notice his cheek hollowness.

jesterofmalice

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 03:15:04 AM »
That guy has hollow cheeks but they look much more concave than they really are because the tissue bulges out around his mouth. I don't know what causes that whether it's structural like teeth or foward jaws or if it's that there is more fat in that area?
Without that you wouldn't notice his cheek hollowness.

I noticed the exact same thing. That's kind of what I meant when I said that pouting can give a similar look too a lesser extent.

I think that in his case, it's from having very large and forward projecting/advanced upper jaw, pushing the flesh between his nose and lips forward making it buldge.

I'm pretty sure that with lots of major surgery that the look can be achieved, but due to the fact that lightly pressing your finger on your cheek can give a similar look, I can't help but think that there must be a much simpler/less invasive (albeit inferior) alternative!

jesterofmalice

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 05:13:03 AM »
Maybe if I saw a plastic surgeon and showed him the before and after picture of the guy in the opening post and how by removing some flesh, I think he looks much better from the 1/2 profile view

Then showed him the picture of the mugshot of the black guy, and then showed him on my own face how both effects could be given by pressing my cheek very lightly, he'd be able to work out a way to do it!

jesterofmalice

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 03:29:55 AM »
That prostitute who slept with Wayne Rooney.
She looked quite different about 4 years ago.
Her face looks much better balanced now and her teeth have changed.
Jaw surgery and shortened the maxilla? Just veneers mixed with a few other cosmetic procedures like botox etc?
I Have to admit she got kinda sexy.
Amazingly, Rooney paid for her when she looked like she does in the top (before row)

(she *claims* no surgery other than lip injections. Similar to how lots of people assume kylie jenner had jaw surgery/re-shaping as her lower jaw looks so different now to how it used to, but she also said ''No, just lip fillers''. )

Ginger

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 02:47:46 PM »
(she *claims* no surgery other than lip injections. Similar to how lots of people assume kylie jenner had jaw surgery/re-shaping as her lower jaw looks so different now to how it used to, but she also said ''No, just lip fillers''. )

Wow, no idea on what else she's had done, but that girl definitely had cheek implants or fillers in her cheeks. They are way more pronounced now.