Author Topic: Using Bio Scaffolds To Augment Cheeks/Orbital Rim  (Read 7038 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Using Bio Scaffolds To Augment Cheeks/Orbital Rim
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 04:23:13 PM »
We don't need technology to make the cells grow, the body/cells do that on their own. It's called healing. This stuff isn't Sci-Fi, what I'm talking about already exists. People and animals have had this tissues implanted already.

Bulls**t. How exactly do you propose this would work. Okay I want a chin or cheek augmentation. Now I put a bioscaffold over the chin or cheek in the desired shape. What exactly causes that area to fill in? There's not even an osteotomy!! And let's say you do cut the cheekbones, forward them and then but a bioscaffold over that the distance between the to fractured pieces will NOT GROW IN unless the space is small enough (i.e. just the cut itself) and the two pieces are almost touching. That's how distraction osteogensis works and in that case you would have to move the bioscaffold at a steady rate to allow the bone to fill in. Which is what DO is in the first place and requires access to the apparatus that is progressively moving the gap appart so it fills in.

The bioscaffold adds nothing to what is already pre-existing technology in this case and which doesn't work well to begin with which is hwy NO ONE IS GETTING f**kING D.O.!!!

Please explain to me in specifics how you see this working.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 07:57:15 PM »
I'd wondered about that too. How is DO so fast at building bone but bones are so slow to heal otherwise? Crazy.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 08:10:45 PM »
I'd wondered about that too. How is DO so fast at building bone but bones are so slow to heal otherwise? Crazy.

Do isn't fast at building bone it's painfully slow. And once you the bone has grown a metallic device has to stay in place to allow that bone to heal for many months. There's no way to produce the bone cells --that's science fiction at this point.

Stop being idiotic people and read these reports which are basically just marketing for something that doesn't exist yet.

As I said. 2100 will be a great year to be alive.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 08:15:40 PM »
Ah I didn't realize the healing part. Yeah I can see why DO isn't commonplace. As I recall reading, the only application is large movements currently. Someone told me she had a 20mm movement done by my surgeon, I don't think he does DO so I'm guessing he did some kind of graft. That or she didn't really know the details.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 01:59:02 PM »
Why the f**k is no one here helping me on the quest to become more beautiful?

You f**kers just care about yourselves. I need f**king help!!!!!! I need encouragement!! I need love and I need a f**king handjob/blowjob from a nice wet female mouth.

Okay, on another note I have to say that f**king getting responses back by email from Sinn is a bit of a headache. You gotta email a few times and then you get a response like a few days or a week later. And that's after I've paid like a grand in assessment fees and f**king fully made my intentions clear to have surgery. As in "When can I come and have the surgery. Yes the price is fine, let's do this!" Still not getting a response on time? like within 24hrs? THAT IS NOT COOL.

So that's a hassle but obviously cause every tom dick and sally are f**king now getting lefort 3s after reading these pages so he's fully booked for the summer.

f**k all of you vain motherf**kers.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 12:32:30 AM »
@Lazlo Have you seen to RAOB? I think you give us too much credit in giving him business. He's pretty old, isn't he? Anyway, after reading some more my current thought is that bony movements really are the best hope for solving these issues.

It's a shame that Kufner LeFort is so infrequently used, we don't really know the riskiness of it because there haven't been enough reported cases and there aren't any surgeons who have it refined to the point that it can be done in volume. Any surgeons reading this? THIS is how you set yourself aside from the competition! I'm thinking now that with some tweaks to make the cuts at the right angles and BMP2 it could be done with long term aesthetic value. I don't get the need for the coronal incision but seems to me that it shouldn't be much more risky than implants, especially if biodegradable plates can be used.

Speaking of which, those seem to suffer from the same problem. Dr Turvy seems to be the only one giving them a shot and recently published a large case report of about 1000 patients showing they're as strong as titanium but surgeons still won't touch them with a ten foot pole.