Author Topic: Bimax- Repeat surgery for aesthetical reasons - YES or NO?  (Read 1471 times)

apocal

Bimax- Repeat surgery for aesthetical reasons - YES or NO?
« on: August 16, 2015, 09:18:13 PM »
Hello! I am new here and I have a question for you, maybe someone can help me. (My English is not perfect, so please excuse mistakes, I do my best ;-) )

I had a Bimax surgery 1,5 years ago. The functional result is good (occlusion, bite) but I am not happy with the aesthetic result. To be honest, it was not a big issue for the clinic there. Later I got to know that there a hospitals which take into account all factors, function and aesthics.

Meantime I visited other surgeons who agreed with me. I think my upper and lower jaw should have come a little bit more forward, additionally my upper jaw also should displaced lower because you see little of my theeth under my upper lip. I also have not much jaw angle and chin.
The problem is 5 doctors and 5 different opinions. ;-) Some said that my wish is not really realizable with clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation. They recommend me Chin Wing or implants. Others said Bimax and maybe Chin Wing would be a good decision. Some others again said I dont need a second Bimax and I would risk the good occlusion. One surgeon said he would make me a highly attractive ante-face but another doctor warnted me I could get problems because of the large distances and maybe get an ape face.

Can anyone give me an advice, maybe when I upload some pics? I am confused. Is Chin Wing really the best solution for better jaw angles? Is it possible to lowering upper jaw with bone transplant/ bone augmention?

Thanks for help!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:09:04 PM by apocal »

confusor

Re: Bimax- Repeat surgery for aesthetical reasons - YES or NO?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:45:47 AM »
thread is pointless without pics.