Author Topic: INTERDENTAL PAPILLA RECONSTRUCTION AND GUM RECONSTRUCTION  (Read 2648 times)

Lazlo

• Private
INTERDENTAL PAPILLA RECONSTRUCTION AND GUM RECONSTRUCTION
« on: October 16, 2015, 05:06:21 PM »
A place to reconstruct papilla and share news about filling in these dark spaces in between the teeth. Not veneers, bonding. But new techniques to graft gums etc.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: INTERDENTAL PAPILLA RECONSTRUCTION AND GUM RECONSTRUCTION
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »
see this is interesting. i'm predicting 2030 if you have a lot of moneey you can fix all these problmes.

it'll be like Elysium that matt damon movie where the bad guy gets fixedd in the "maxillofacial reconstruction chamber"

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28353-3d-printed-teeth-to-keep-your-mouth-free-of-bacteria/

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »
when the f**k will this be available and does it even work?

http://health.howstuffworks.com/medicine/modern-technology/ultrasound-teeth-news.htm

jusken

• Private
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 01:30:22 AM »
Man, I read about that LIPUS technology years ago... I even called the guy who was working on it in Canada to inquire about what the timeframe was like (seems weird to me now to just call a doctor/researcher directly but it worked).  There was a ton of media coverage on it at the time.

Of course he didn't know, and I'd think there'd be something big going on right now if the trials worked out or whatever.   This was back in 2006 I think.  :(

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 04:51:59 PM »
Man, I read about that LIPUS technology years ago... I even called the guy who was working on it in Canada to inquire about what the timeframe was like (seems weird to me now to just call a doctor/researcher directly but it worked).  There was a ton of media coverage on it at the time.

Of course he didn't know, and I'd think there'd be something big going on right now if the trials worked out or whatever.   This was back in 2006 I think.  :(

Yeah I talked to the guy two years ago as well and he said something for patients with orthondical work to keep their roots healthy was gonna be out in a year. No word still!!!??

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 10:16:58 AM »
LIPUS is here already. Exogen uses it to heal wound fractures and Acceledent uses it for tooth movements. The problem is that it doesn't work. Another approach using low level light therapy shows promise, currently being productized in Orthopulse. Both could potentially be used in jaw surgery recovery to speed up and avoid non-unions while increasing ossification, which frankly just sucks but grafts also work well.

Side note but high intensity focused ultrasound is also equally as promising. The goal here is to destroy tissue in a targetted manner without surgery or radiation thus causing minimal damage to nearby tissue. Initial applications are for cancer and kidney stones but I'm really interest for ligating varicose veins, specifically my recurrent varicoceles.

As for your papilla, yeah... Also, your 3-piece is gonna damage them more but surgeon will try to mask the damage by making the cut from the back.

My other interest right now is in the new technique for rebuilding enamel. All my teeth have very thing enamel from years of acid damage. The lower ones are starting to yellow and become translucent. I don't want to crown my entire mouth so a technique for rebuilding enamel would be a huge boon for me. I hear growing a natural crown is easy, the hard part is the root. Why can't we tissue engineer a crown then already?? I have the stem cells banked, someone just needs to do it for me!