Author Topic: Can Long Midfaces Be Beautiful?  (Read 17805 times)

carlos30

Re: Can Long Midfaces Be Beautiful?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2015, 07:19:15 AM »
"Well it all depends. I just know that you can go from an ugly smile to an aesthetically pleasing smile, and I am of the opinion that the mouth area (jaws and teeth) are the most important component of attractiveness. You will never meet an ugly person with a great smile.

Whether said smile is worth 20 thousand pounds is up for debate, but it probably is at the end of the day."

I bet on eyes.

overbiter

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2015, 12:58:57 PM »
I don't regret my surgery and I am happy with my result and happy that I did it. I know that Tumerican has to pay for braces and surgery out of pocket (that's about 20-25k € total) and I know that his main motivation is increased dating success. How does it make me bitter if I am merely telling him what to expect before he shells out such a large chunk of money and undergoes invasive surgery? He can still do it, regardless of what I say.

In fact, if I was bitter, would it not be way more satisfying to say nothing, let him waste all this money and endure all the discomfort and then have a big pile of schadenfreude when he comes back here next year disappointed and virtually broke?

Since you had surgery as well and can comment on the issue: Was what I said wrong? Do you get way more attention from women post surgery? Are you a womanizer now (I'm assuming you weren't before surgery) ?
Some food for thought: If you aren't, what makes you think that additional surgery will accomplish what your Bimax wasn't able to accomplish? Why would anyone like you after you move a bone around some mm who didn't like you when this bone was in its previous position ?

I wasn't a womaniser before surgery, no. And I'm not now. I'm not a womaniser because I don't meet women, full stop. I've got social anxiety and don't get out much. I'm objectively better looking now though. I had maxillary impaction, and my upper and lower jaws were brought forward 9mm. My face has a more normal shape to it now, not so long and recessed.

I'm planning to get CT-Bone 3D printed implants to augment my zygomatic arches and orbital rims. I think these can help me a lot because they improve the zygoma in all directions. I think they even augment the lateral orbital rims (sides of eye). So hopefully my eyes should look better and wider too.

terry947

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2015, 03:34:59 PM »
ya if your face is recessed getting jaw surgery will definitely make it look better. thats  a no brainer. The problem is when people already have  a flat profile, and get jaw surgery to fix an already normal looking face.

Also im with you overbiter. If they make some kind of 3D bone implant in the future that is legitimate, then i'll probably get that. ATM i'm not too sure if a ZO or a similar procedure can give enough advancement laterally to make the face look wider. I don't really care about anterior projection, though it'd be nice, i'm not sure how it'd turn out on my face. My orbitals have sort of dropped a couple mm from mouth breathing so advancing it forward would make the dropped orbital more noticeable.

deyapretty

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2015, 04:42:07 PM »
@RedLips

I'm a girl and I think you're very pretty :)
Sure I can see what is annoying about your chin. Maybe you should see that with a surgeon. Although as many people said here, you're fine the way you are.
People say that you look how you feel. If you feel gorgeous you will be seen as gorgeous by others. If you feel ugly, maybe people won't find you ugly but they will think "she's average".
I have a fried who has very visible gum (same size as her teeth, which are short by the way) and she acts like she's so pretty (and probably thinks she is and she doesn't seem to be bothered about her teeth). Well, she gets so much attention from guys!

overbiter

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2015, 06:17:31 AM »
Also im with you overbiter. If they make some kind of 3D bone implant in the future that is legitimate, then i'll probably get that.

There is an implant available. See this thread I made http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,4809.0.html.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2015, 06:56:38 PM »
I bet on eyes.
Ditto.  And there is no surgery for potato eyes.

terry947

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2015, 02:59:47 PM »
overbiter - if seen the thread but its but the tech is too early for me consider getting. maybe 5-10 years.

baldguy83

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2015, 09:05:34 AM »
Absolutely don't bother with surgery.

RedLips

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 04:53:28 AM »
Now I'm obsessing over my chin. Does it look that bad? Is it dimpled so noticeably? Does that mean I have long face syndrome?

I looked at my mother's face this weekend, and she seems to have a longer eye-to-mouth distance than her interpupillary distance. Is this just a genetic thing? Or is it long ace syndrome? Can it still be attractive?

Chin:
http://imgur.com/qXkGg0H
http://imgur.com/JzRgu6h

Ginger

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2015, 12:20:10 PM »
RedLips, you're gorgeous. And your midface doesn't look long. If I were you, I would forget jaw surgery stuff and move on : )

overbiter

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2015, 02:22:54 PM »
those pictures suck, cant tell anything from them.
As Ive said before if you want a reasonable analysis you have to post a picture with your head in neutral position looking straight at the camera from a reasonable distance (a foot to a couple of feet away - NOT a selfie which elongates the face), followed by one picture taken from the side (profile view)

Like that ^^

Yeah, if you want a straight answer about whether you have a long face or not you need to show us better pics than these. To be honest I think you are trying to hide your flaws. In which case there is no point in asking us for advice. If you show us some decent pictures we can give you a truthful analysis of your flaws. What you are doing in this thread is just typical BDD behaviour. Looking for positive feedback on your face, whilst at the same time holding back from truly revealing the things you don't like about yourself. This won't help you resolve your issues.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2015, 03:05:02 PM »
Red Lips you're jsut here trolling and fishing for complements. IF you really gave a s**t about a proper analysis you'd do as tumerican said and post anatomical pics.

RedLips

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2015, 06:20:47 PM »
I'm not trying to hide my flaws. Here's a side view:

http://imgur.com/r1vtl5W

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2015, 08:14:51 PM »
well if i were you I'd get a genioplasty and have my chin moved out a bit. But I dunno, you look fine.

RedLips

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2015, 09:09:49 PM »
I'd like to get a genioplasty when I can afford it in the future. Is it crazy expensive? Is it a complicated procedure? Is there a way to achieve that look without surgery?