Author Topic: Question to those who have had SARPE  (Read 873 times)

sean89

Question to those who have had SARPE
« on: November 16, 2015, 08:55:33 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm in braces now, getting ready for SARPE.

I presume, to have the custom expander fitted, impressions would need to be taken.

Anyway, I was wondering if it was the ortho or surgeon who did the impressions, or more generally, what is the process for getting the expander made once your braces have been fixed?

Boring question but it would help me know what to ask/expect from surgeon/ortho.

Thanks.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
Re: Question to those who have had SARPE
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 09:56:16 AM »
Hey did the Ortho or surgeon tell you that SARPE can help you breath our of your nose?   Will it widen the midface and give you better cheekbones?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:41:18 AM »
Ortho will order the expander. It will be made by a lab. It won't have a notable affect on nose or cheekbones. It's essentially a LeFort without the downfracture but a cut instead. Only a small fraction of the nasal cavity is affected.

mouth

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 12:43:54 PM »
Ortho makes impressions. Like above sent to lab come back usually several days before surgery. Expander placed. In OR surgeon will start process of expandion. Mine turned expander 6 times before I came out of surgery. Then 5 days later went to his office where he showed me and family member how to turn it. Then started process of daily turns. Also ortho showed me device and how to turn before he placed in my mouth. He also gave me a key(extra). Surgeon also gave me one. It's nice to have 2. So ask about getting 2.