Author Topic: The brow bone/upper eye area  (Read 32076 times)

Schrödingers Jaw

The brow bone/upper eye area
« on: November 29, 2015, 09:20:32 AM »
For men the brow is an underrated area I feel, easily forgotten and yet it has a large impact on how handsome a man is percieved.

Dr Eppley performs forehead augmentation but what really caught my eye is the custom brow implant procedure:

http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/browlift.html

Quite the difference but there is more to a handsome brow than just protrusion and size. Enter the glabella:

A small part of the skull, not connected to muscles or nerves thus easily augmentable in theory at least. It has a big impact on the entire eye area, in fact many very handsome men has a pronounced glabella. Now I know we dislike unrealistic images of models but please bear with me as I try to prove my point:

Notice the prominent glabella right where his nose meets his brow? It is projected in all dimensions, forward, lateral and up. it looks striking doesn't it?

Another example of a comic artist no less:

Notice how his eyebrows are positively angled much like the previous model and his nose bridge and brow form a protruding structure that almost shields his eyes.

My question is if there are any procedures that can augment this area, is it possible  to do so with your own bone and could this kind of natural projection be achieved?

Schrödingers Jaw

Re: The brow bone/upper eye area
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »
Hey SJ can you explain the physiology of this based on my eyes? Please don't copy and paste my images anyone.

It's just I don't have those model sort of eyes, but I always thought I had a prominent brow ridge. I might be wrong since Sinn said my eyes look close together cause of something about the shape of my orbits or something like that. Maybe you could just clarify this for me so then I can request a more specific procedure. Obviously my lower orbits are very shallow.

I'm sorry, I can't say for sure. You would need to take an x-ray and speak to someone more knowledgeable than me. Your eyes seem close-set and relatively rounded as opposed narrow which unfortunately isn't ideal. If I had to guess why i would say that your eye structure is too narrow horizontally and too vertically long, if that's the case I'm afraid it is unfixable. Mostly it is your lower orbital wall (maxilla and zygo) that seem, well, I won't say retruded but not very prominent. Your orbital seem to have a weak or negative vector as seen from the profile:

This indicates weak undereye support and possible some kind of maxillary deficiency. I've kind of have the same problem so when I settle on a solution I'll let you know.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 12:12:25 PM »
So Sinn said technically my eyes are not close set at all they just look that way due to shape.

I think I know the solution. Have an aggressive lefort III/orbital-malar rim advancement, moving the bun up and out a bit. Possibly some HA paste to augment as well. Then have a lateral canthopexy as well as some HA paste to the upper contour of the brow ridge. Shape changed and VOILA!!!!

How does this sound to you Shrodinger?

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 02:21:51 PM »
So Sinn said technically my eyes are not close set at all they just look that way due to shape.

I think I know the solution. Have an aggressive lefort III/orbital-malar rim advancement, moving the bun up and out a bit. Possibly some HA paste to augment as well. Then have a lateral canthopexy as well as some HA paste to the upper contour of the brow ridge. Shape changed and VOILA!!!!

How does this sound to you Shrodinger?

Sounds invasive to me but I would be lying if I said the thought hadn't occured to me as well. Now the questions are:

-Is it safe (enough)?

-Cost and location?

-Who would be willing and able to perform the surgery on a non-deformed cosmetic patient?

Perhaps you ave some insight on these issues Lazlo?

A successful lefort iii would benefit me quite a bit as my orbitals and anterior zygomatic region lack forward projection. It makes my face drop, it has made my eyes irritated and wrinkled since birth and I'm sick of it.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 10:08:25 PM »
Yes there are a couple of doctors.

They've done it before.

Seems relatively safe.

Cost is around 10 grand (I think).

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 11:57:03 AM »
Yes there are a couple of doctors.

They've done it before.

Seems relatively safe.

Cost is around 10 grand (I think).

Pm me some info man my lateral orbital rims are taunting me in the mirror every morning.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 03:37:35 PM »
Come on, I want the collective intelligence of this forum to give me more advice on how to "fix" my eyes and make them more "model" like. Right now I'm contemplate lateral canthopexy PLUS orbital rim advancement and possible HA paste to the upper brow ridge. What say you all?????

triot

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 04:02:28 PM »
Come on, I want the collective intelligence of this forum to give me more advice on how to "fix" my eyes and make them more "model" like. Right now I'm contemplate lateral canthopexy PLUS orbital rim advancement and possible HA paste to the upper brow ridge. What say you all?????

Nobody's gonna do a canthopexy on younger people. It fails critically after some time. Maybe a canthoplasty, much more invasive and not a huge change compared to a -pexy, but it's lasting.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 04:16:17 PM »
Nobody's gonna do a canthopexy on younger people. It fails critically after some time. Maybe a canthoplasty, much more invasive and not a huge change compared to a -pexy, but it's lasting.

what do you make of this? http://www.dryaremchuk.com/lateral-canthopexy-and-the-youthful-eye-dr.-yaremchuk-best-plastic-surgeon-boston

triot

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 04:34:30 PM »
what do you make of this? http://www.dryaremchuk.com/lateral-canthopexy-and-the-youthful-eye-dr.-yaremchuk-best-plastic-surgeon-boston

Alright, a canthoplasty might not be the right decision and I never said that a canthopexy doesn't deliver nice results. All I said is that it's not done on young people (at least in Europe) since it critically fails after years. :3

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »

It depends on what your issue is, are you sure your orbitals are small/too far back?

jawlessJ

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 08:35:45 PM »
Who is the second comic book artist?

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 12:15:16 AM »
Who is the second comic book artist?

Christopher lovell. Very handsome man

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 12:26:40 AM »
bump this whole thread no body knows anything here

meeshi

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »
Hi Lazlo,
You have nice eyes and good skin tone.  Regarding your eyes looking close set,
I have the same issue, but I agree with Sinn, I don't think your eyes are actually close set .
  Here's my two cents:
1.  Perhaps the width of your bridge could be a bit narrower.  It seems slightly out of proportion (too wide) for your face.
2.  Your eyebrows could come in further (closer together).  They should end over your nostrils.  I know that there is not much you can do about that as a man, but I think the short eyebrows are closing in your eyes a bit.  What you could do is have your brows professionally groomed/shaped.  The eyebrows can make a big difference.
I hope this is the kind of feedback you are looking for.  Orbital rim shape is outside my area :). But nothing looks bug eyes or weird to me!