Author Topic: The brow bone/upper eye area  (Read 33612 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: The brow bone/upper eye area
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 02:59:44 PM »
This thread seems kinda stupid, honestly. Look at most male models (90%+) - they have absolutely no brow ridge whatsoever. NONE. Completely flat foreheads. Also, you have the first image with brow implants and it looks ridiculous as f**k. Totally anatomically incorrect. It's like a weird shelf protruding off his forehead.

If I were really concerned I'd maybe get radiesse injections on the brow ridge to add a tiny, tiny bit of augmentation and perhaps forehead width. But honestly, this s**t makes no difference to your looks I'm sorry.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying recessed supraorbital rims are a non-issue. I'm saying if you don't have recessed orbital rims then a brow ridge or whatever is not going to make you in any way more attractive.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 03:17:19 PM »
well it sort of changed into me talking about how to make the eyes a different shape, that's what I want to know. what procedures, brow ridge or not can change that?

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 04:02:54 PM »
well it sort of changed into me talking about how to make the eyes a different shape, that's what I want to know. what procedures, brow ridge or not can change that?

Modified le fort III MIGHT make some changes. Otherwise canthoplexy is an option.

Box osteotomy would widen eyes.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »
This thread seems kinda stupid, honestly. Look at most male models (90%+) - they have absolutely no brow ridge whatsoever. NONE. Completely flat foreheads. Also, you have the first image with brow implants and it looks ridiculous as f**k. Totally anatomically incorrect. It's like a weird shelf protruding off his forehead.

If I were really concerned I'd maybe get radiesse injections on the brow ridge to add a tiny, tiny bit of augmentation and perhaps forehead width. But honestly, this s**t makes no difference to your looks I'm sorry.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying recessed supraorbital rims are a non-issue. I'm saying if you don't have recessed orbital rims then a brow ridge or whatever is not going to make you in any way more attractive.

No I disagree, a strong brow is both masculine and handsome.

Or for a more extreme example:

Feel free to photoshop away their brow projection, they'll be considerably less handsome without it.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »
You're handpicking attractive people with brow ridges. It means nothing.

Like I  said, an overwhelming majority of white males do not have brow ridges just as the overwhelming majority of male models and actors do not (Brad Pitt, for example).

It's not a requisite for good looks. You're simply taking the feature of one good looking person and believing that putting that on yourself will make you more attractive. I don't see that happening.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 02:09:15 PM »
Hi Lazlo,
You have nice eyes and good skin tone.  Regarding your eyes looking close set,
I have the same issue, but I agree with Sinn, I don't think your eyes are actually close set .
  Here's my two cents:
1.  Perhaps the width of your bridge could be a bit narrower.  It seems slightly out of proportion (too wide) for your face.
2.  Your eyebrows could come in further (closer together).  They should end over your nostrils.  I know that there is not much you can do about that as a man, but I think the short eyebrows are closing in your eyes a bit.  What you could do is have your brows professionally groomed/shaped.  The eyebrows can make a big difference.
I hope this is the kind of feedback you are looking for.  Orbital rim shape is outside my area :). But nothing looks bug eyes or weird to me!

Thanks Meeshi! xoxoxo Yes this is all good advice. Actually I had stupidly shaved my eyebrows recently which made them shorter. Now they're growing out. but I will definitely get them professionally shaped soon! And then I hope Sinn's work can fix them. I'm totally up for any HA paste shaping he can do.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 02:11:06 PM »
I think Shrodinger's jaw has a point. Optimistic you are not helpful on this, you need to analyze and give advice.

Yes, with an augmented brow ridge, orbital rim advancement and canthopexy this can be fixed to the ideal masculine shape!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO! Houston we have liftoff!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 03:54:15 PM »
well then what makes the eye shape???? What??>????????

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 11:04:41 PM »
You're handpicking attractive people with brow ridges. It means nothing.

Like I  said, an overwhelming majority of white males do not have brow ridges just as the overwhelming majority of male models and actors do not (Brad Pitt, for example).

It's not a requisite for good looks. You're simply taking the feature of one good looking person and believing that putting that on yourself will make you more attractive. I don't see that happening.

Think what you will I suppose but just because it is not essential doesn't mean it is not beneficial.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Gosling are considered handsome even though they have eye assymetry, does that mean eye symmetry "means nothing"?

Prominent brow is a so called "dimorphic" trait corresponding with testosterone. I can't really be bothered to dig up the studies but I would bet money it has been scienteifically proven to correlate with percieved attractivness.

Here's just from wiki:

Studies have shown that ovulating heterosexual women prefer faces with masculine traits associated with increased exposure to testosterone during key developmental stages, such as a broad forehead, relatively longer lower face, prominent chin and brow, chiseled jaw and defined cheekbones.

I really thought this was common knowledge, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2015, 03:44:26 AM »
I think Shrodinger's jaw has a point. Optimistic you are not helpful on this, you need to analyze and give advice.

Yes, with an augmented brow ridge, orbital rim advancement and canthopexy this can be fixed to the ideal masculine shape!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO! Houston we have liftoff!

I don't feel there is much to analyse. Some extremely attractive people have one, others don't. Many also consider brow ridges to be a neanderthal feature.

Like what do you think you're gonna do? Brow ridge augmentation almost always raises the eyebrows (just see the results). They also look fake and ridiculous. It's also generally difficult to augment given the nature of skin in that area. Then you have issues with the only viable materials for augmentation have a higher shatter rate, bone erosion, shifting etc.

This s**t is skull-implant tier pants on fire retarded. Again, if your supraorbital ridge is not recessed then leave it.

Brow ridges aren't even visible from the frontal view, so again, it's stupid. The effect of a naturally strong supraorbital ridge (low-set eyebrows etc) can't be achieved surgically. And say we were to shave down the brow ridges of attractive people with prominent ones... not a single one will be rated worse by any male or female. It's such an inconsequential feature as far as looks is concerned, even more so given that it can't actually be replicated surgically.

Finally, and I suppose I mentioned this slightly before: faces come in packages. People with brow ridges probably have a generally more robust appearance that will enable them to wear it. If you're some pear shaped potato with weak features then adding a brow ridge isn't going to gel.

Actually most of these dudes have the perfect features and would look better without such an over-exaggerated browridge. Just my 2 cents. Certainly the last guy looks way too overprojected in the brows. If you cover up that area, he looks very good since he has nice features. It is not the browridge that makes these dudes look good, on the contrary.

Pretty much this. I know some will say this is worthless but I've asked a number of female friends once and they all universally HATED brow ridges.

Sure, there could be some subconscious effects going on whereby the supposedly 'dimorphic' nature of brow ridges is really attractive to them and they don't know it, but really, just whatever...

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 03:49:25 AM »
Think what you will I suppose but just because it is not essential doesn't mean it is not beneficial.

Prominent brow is a so called "dimorphic" trait corresponding with testosterone. I can't really be bothered to dig up the studies but I would bet money it has been scienteifically proven to correlate with percieved attractivness.

Here's just from wiki:

I really thought this was common knowledge, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's very easy to do. Take people you think are attractive and who have brow ridges, then photoshop them to reduce that. Then we'll look at those images and determine who looks any different, let alone better or worse.

This is sluthate-tier mental masturbation and honestly a waste of time. If you want to focus on minor details about appearance worry about things like labiomental folds, zygomatc arches, and upper eyelid fat - things that will actually improve how you look.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 03:12:37 PM »
Okay disregarding Optimistic who can just shut up if he doesn't want to contribute.

I want to know how this man has this eye shape. He has the perfect eye shape and perfect cheekbones. Are the fact that his cheekbones are high contributing to the narrow eyeshape as well as the brow. oR is it simply the shape of his lids/orbits? Can we somehow reverse engineer or deconstruct this?

Please give advice.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »
Okay disregarding Optimistic who can just shut up if he doesn't want to contribute.

I want to know how this man has this eye shape. He has the perfect eye shape and perfect cheekbones. Are the fact that his cheekbones are high contributing to the narrow eyeshape as well as the brow. oR is it simply the shape of his lids/orbits? Can we somehow reverse engineer or deconstruct this?

Please give advice.

I literally stated in relative detail why I disagree with it, as well as why it's not a feasible option. Moreover, this thread is called "BROW BONE / UPPER EYE AREA". Please humour me how your post about eye shape and cheekbones somehow contributes to this thread more than my post...

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 07:18:24 PM »
who cares, just answer my question someone.

Bobbit

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 08:31:51 PM »
who cares, just answer my question someone.

About 95 % of all people have a traditional  frontal sinus as part of their lower forehead brow area.  The male projection of the
the frontal sinus occurs in virtually every male and typically extends well beyond the projection of almost any normal female.

So the frontal projection at the brow area in all of the pictures recently posted is actually pretty typical for males verses females.

I think the details of the contour of the frontal projection are different - - and that likely does affect the perception of  "attractive" verses "less attractive".

Impression:

From your pictures you posted earlier  - -  the extent of your brow area projection is pretty normal.  The *contour* of your brow area 'projection' is somewhat "atypical" compared to some of those pictures.

And keep in mind that I may have only a minimal understanding of what I am talking about!