Author Topic: The brow bone/upper eye area  (Read 33623 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: The brow bone/upper eye area
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 08:34:10 PM »
About 95 % of all people have a traditional  frontal sinus as part of their lower forehead brow area.  The male projection of the
the frontal sinus occurs in virtually every male and typically extends well beyond the projection of almost any normal female.

So the frontal projection at the brow area in all of the pictures recently posted is actually pretty typical for males verses females.

I think the details of the contour of the frontal projection are different - - and that likely does affect the perception of  "attractive" verses "less attractive".

Impression:

From your pictures you posted earlier  - -  the extent of your brow area projection is pretty normal.  The *contour* of your brow area 'projection' is somewhat "atypical" compared to some of those pictures.

And keep in mind that I may have only a minimal understanding of what I am talking about!

Okay well I'm gonna stop worrying about this now and just show these pictures to sinn and ask him to make it so.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 10:34:38 PM »
also i just want to say here's a recent pic of brad pitt and there is no way he doesn't get fillers. look at how full his face and key areas are!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 01:57:46 PM »
To say the brow ridge is unimportant is absurd, it has a strong effect on how DOM you perceive someone to be (sluthate lingo for a moment), and generally comes hand in hand with big chins and jaws. It makes the entire eye area look more masculine.

Now you see my point. You're on a freaking jaw surgery forum, man :D We're recessed as f**k with potato bone structures. Throwing a brow ridge on that will be idiosyncratic as f**k. Nevermind the original pictures show a brow ridge that looks more like a neanderthal shelf jutting out.

There's also a potentially huge point everyone is missing - forehead shape and angle. Just because there is a step-off between the brow ridge and forehead doesn't mean someone has or hasn't got a strong brow ridges. For example, plenty of men have more vertical foreheads yet simultaneously a decent brow ridge which gives them low eyebrows and nice eyes.  That is the part that is attractive and important! Heck, I looked at a picture and Brad Pitt probably falls directly into that category. Try morphing a brow ridge onto him and he looks utterly ridiculous without first making the forehead more slanted.

So now we get into the position of needing to shave down forehead bone in addition to brow ridge bone. I spoke to a number of surgeons about this very thing and it is possible to do, however, seriously, it's so f**king stupid and inconsequential I can't imagine a single person having the motivation to do it. Plus you'd weaken your forehead to an unknown degree.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 05:11:28 PM »
About 95 % of all people have a traditional  frontal sinus as part of their lower forehead brow area.  The male projection of the
the frontal sinus occurs in virtually every male and typically extends well beyond the projection of almost any normal female.

So the frontal projection at the brow area in all of the pictures recently posted is actually pretty typical for males verses females.

I think the details of the contour of the frontal projection are different - - and that likely does affect the perception of  "attractive" verses "less attractive".

Impression:

From your pictures you posted earlier  - -  the extent of your brow area projection is pretty normal.  The *contour* of your brow area 'projection' is somewhat "atypical" compared to some of those pictures.

And keep in mind that I may have only a minimal understanding of what I am talking about!

when you say "atypical" i understand you mean different from the attractive norm, but could you express and indicate exactly how my shape is atypical and where I need augmentation or change? thanks.

meeshi

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2015, 08:36:04 AM »
Any kind of brow ridge augmentation would make the eyes look deeper, smaller and more close set.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 10:36:11 AM »
Any kind of brow ridge augmentation would make the eyes look deeper, smaller and more close set.

ugh smaller and deeper I don't mind since I have big eyes, but close set no way.

You've been researching this meshi, what do you recommend???

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 11:13:17 AM »

Please share your knowledg Meeshi, I really need to know how to make my eyes look better and more wide-set.

Bobbit

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2015, 12:24:14 PM »
also i just want to say here's a recent pic of brad pitt and there is no way he doesn't get fillers. look at how full his face and key areas are!

Lazlo - -   I DNK - -   I think it is mostly that he is just putting on weight as he gets older.   MAYBE - -  he has had some fat grafting.   Maybe.

terry947

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 01:03:54 AM »
Brad Pitt has good facial structure. One of the best in hollywood imo. He has a short, forward grown face so naturally soft tissue will look better as he ages. But we can't deny that he doesn't do an sort of procedures since his career is sort of based on his looks.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 03:08:46 AM »
Brad Pitt has good facial structure. One of the best in hollywood imo. He has a short, forward grown face so naturally soft tissue will look better as he ages. But we can't deny that he doesn't do an sort of procedures since his career is sort of based on his looks.
I don't think he has an ante face.

On a recent incredibly long flight I saw Benjamin Button. There is a scene where both Brad  Pitt and Cate Blanchett were both in profile looking at each other.  Her chin throat distance looked greater than his.

meeshi

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2015, 04:52:20 PM »

He is definitely getting fillers!  And a lot of them!  Honestly, I'm at a bit of a loss regarding making eyes look wider.  I think that fat injections to the upper eyelid area can soften the prominent orbits while looking youthful.  This is a specialized procedure, but very important imo. 

Lazlo,
I think I mentioned to you my doctor recommended a septoplasty and premaxillary implant.  I have not been impressed with the before and afters ive seen.  I don't understand how earl improve his maxillary projection even though he had a perfect bite.

meeshi

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2015, 12:44:51 AM »
One thing I noticed in all the male model photos that has nothing to do with a prominent brow... Look at the short distance between the eye and the eyebrow. i think this is much more important than brow prominence.  Another thing I wanted to mention from your post about surgeries, I wonder if the fact that the swelling would not have had time to resolve before the next surgery could impact your results for subsequent surgeries.  That is a concern.  You're spending a lot of money, might as well go for the best outcome.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2016, 01:54:32 AM »
good points meeshi thanks! bump this thread.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2016, 03:47:34 AM »
One thing I noticed in all the male model photos that has nothing to do with a prominent brow... Look at the short distance between the eye and the eyebrow. i think this is much more important than brow prominence.  Another thing I wanted to mention from your post about surgeries, I wonder if the fact that the swelling would not have had time to resolve before the next surgery could impact your results for subsequent surgeries.  That is a concern.  You're spending a lot of money, might as well go for the best outcome.
Hooded eyes. Imo even women look better with l lower eye brows.  Because predators are more attractive by nature. It's a lot harder to be one so we are hardwired to appreciate them more. More people like cats than rabbits. Wolves are more beautiful than rams, etc..

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2018, 07:55:53 AM »
For men the brow is an underrated area I feel, easily forgotten and yet it has a large impact on how handsome a man is percieved.

The whole top third of the face is never discussed because there really isn't anyone who does much in that area for safety reasons. But instead, mindless masturbation about how the lower third is the most important part, etc.