Author Topic: Craniofacial surgery in EU?  (Read 1365 times)

baldguy83

Craniofacial surgery in EU?
« on: December 07, 2015, 06:05:25 AM »
Does anyone know of a competent surgeon in the EU who carries out craniofacial surgeries for esthetic purposes, similar to dr. Eppley in the USA?

Schrödingers Jaw

Re: Craniofacial surgery in EU?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »
dr Eppley in USA has a lot of failed surgeries ) i've heard

about European surgeons. It's hard to find someone who perform so big changes for non-syndromic patients
however craniofacial surgeons i spoke to with good opinions are:
Sandro Pelo - Italy, Rome
Giorgio Iannetti - Italy, Rome

You can always write to Gunter Lauer from Germany, Dresden - unlikely he will help you if you are not syndromic patient , but why not to ask

Perhaps Mommaerts?  but i he has not good opinions here

e-mail addresses you can easily find in Google

Do they speak english?

Rico

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 06:57:01 PM »
yes they do. Have you tried ? and to which ones ?

Bobbit

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »
Does anyone know of a competent surgeon in the EU who carries out craniofacial surgeries for esthetic purposes, similar to dr. Eppley in the USA?

It would help if you could elaborate a bit on what type of craniofacial surgery you are contemplating?

If I understand the history correctly:  Most recently the premier craniofacial surgeon in Europe was Daniel Marchac in Paris.   He did a LOT of syndrome craniofacial work and he also was the absolute "go-to" surgeon for facial aesthetic surgery in Europe.   He used to have a virtual "who is who" of prominent  women and men coming through his office from all over Europe, the middle east, S. America, Russia, and Japan for aesthetic facial surgery.    Unfortunately, sometime in late 2011 or early 2012 he became ill and passed away a few months later.  The last fellow that he trained is now a craniofacial surgeon working in the U.S.  One of the other senior surgeons that he worked closely with is Dr. Eric Arnoud.  He is still in Paris.   Also Daniel Marchac has a son who,  I think does similar surgery.