Author Topic: Feeling of nerve or "something" moving when biting down  (Read 620 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Feeling of nerve or "something" moving when biting down
« on: December 09, 2015, 03:47:34 AM »
After my second chin wing I had total numbess on the right side. Slowly after two weeks this seems to be improving as I regain some sensation. Regardless, since about 1.5 weeks post-op when I could first start fitting solids in my mouth and chewing them (soft things like a pasta noodle) I've had something very strange happening.

Basically it started that when I'd bite down a bit the nerve would feel like it moved and tweaked, causing a rush of paresthesia to the numb area of my chin and lip. This kept going on for a bit. Now it's changed whereby I don't feel that rush of paresthesia anymore, however whenever I'm biting down I feel something moving in that exact area (like a nerve, but who knows?).

It's very strange and I can find a single other report like mine. Does anyone know what this could be? Surgeon claims it's normal but how to know? A forum member here suggested it's possible the nerve is not inside its canal and being moved around?

Any thoughts or opinions appreciated.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Rico

Re: Feeling of nerve or "something" moving when biting down
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 10:11:40 AM »
for me it's micro compression and decompression of the nerve in the bone. but how it's compressed where...dunno.

i noticed in my case walking in cold stimulate nerve :) after such walk i have tingling
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:04:34 PM by Rico :) »