Author Topic: HGH and faster healing times  (Read 2399 times)

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
HGH and faster healing times
« on: December 11, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »
Is it true that human growth hormone can increase the healing time for bones such as jaw surgery?  How much would you need if this is true?  I really don't know if I could mentally deal with the healing process of this surgery.  Yes I am a wuss!
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

molestrip

• Private
Re: HGH and faster healing times
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 09:30:30 AM »
You don't want to mess with technology that's not battle tested. There's a guy in Montana I think who claims you can be back to normal life in 2 weeks. Basically, after soft tissue heals. I'd guess he's just using stronger fixation cause bone isn't going to heal faster. LIPUS and LLLP are promising but again not field tested. PRP and BMPs, also not gonna do it. Grafting might but not here today. HGH might be useful for augmenting the midface, no one has explored it to my knowledge.

JimmyTheGent

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 09:49:57 AM »
You don't want to mess with technology that's not battle tested. There's a guy in Montana I think who claims you can be back to normal life in 2 weeks. Basically, after soft tissue heals. I'd guess he's just using stronger fixation cause bone isn't going to heal faster. LIPUS and LLLP are promising but again not field tested. PRP and BMPs, also not gonna do it. Grafting might but not here today. HGH might be useful for augmenting the midface, no one has explored it to my knowledge.

When you say HGH might be useful for "augmenting" the midface what do you mean?  Will it cause the midface to start growing again?  I saw a female bodybuilder who was on some kind of plastic surgery show and she admitted to high level HGH use which the surgeons attributed to extra bone growth on her cheekbones and jaw.  Basically they said the bone in her face grew thicker which would have been great if she was a man. 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 11:04:21 AM »
Yup, that's where I connected the two too :) I think it was Botched? In any case, I don't see why growth wouldn't be amenable to biologic therapy. As with every other treatment, it's a question of results, results, results. It needs to be cheap, well studied, predictable, effective, and fast. Tall orders.

mike888miller

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »
it will help margianaly with soft tissue repair

bone growth is a side effect of long term hgh abuse which would be cost prohibitive and also no way you can foresee or control which area will grow

terry947

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 02:08:17 AM »
HGH would definitely help in helping the bones fuse as soon as possible

Rico

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 05:23:50 AM »
just do sports after few weeks  and eat vegatables  fruits... all food

body chemistry is much more complicated.

or if you think you know a little ..then answer me if taking benzodiazepine reduce speed of nerve regeneration or not :) 
or if you're under stress then does taking benzo  help in nerve regeneration :D ?
ask any doctor / researcher about this. If he can't answer you about such simple thing...forget to take any advice from them in this area :)

moreover a body has a lot of compensatory mechanisms.

I'm taking vit B.  and I see yellow / orange urine...so,  that means I have enough of vit B, and taking more gives me nothing in nerve regeneration :D ?
basic questions ..unswer unknown.. this is the simpliest possible question in medicine and still no answer... so look how poor is our knowledge

JawKid7

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 05:31:51 AM »
yes it would but it's very expensive, not worth it imo
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

JimmyTheGent

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 01:59:17 PM »
Yup, that's where I connected the two too :) I think it was Botched? In any case, I don't see why growth wouldn't be amenable to biologic therapy. As with every other treatment, it's a question of results, results, results. It needs to be cheap, well studied, predictable, effective, and fast. Tall orders.

Yessss that's where I saw it on Botched.  The two doctors swore up and down that her HGH usage attributed to her facial bone growth.  She also recovered exceptionally fast from all the surgery she had on that show.  She was walking around the very next day. 

TMKA

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 08:49:41 AM »
What was the name of the show?

swsee

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 09:02:39 AM »
I'm not sure about bone, but I got a prescription from an "anti-aging" clinic after a recent ACL/MCL surgery and I was back to 90% in ~ 3 weeks, which is unheard of in comparison to previous surgeries I've had. I know it plays a big role in soft tissue regenration, ligaments, tendons, etc, but not so sure about bone healing.

And Yes. It's expensive.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 10:01:18 AM by swsee »