General Category > Emotional Support

So unhappy with my double jaw surgery (Before and After photo added)

<< < (2/4) > >>

TMKA:
14 days isn't enough time to tell. It will be several more weeks till all the swelling goes down.

TMKA:
I can't believe he only moved your upper jaw forward 1 mm. Doesn't seem worth it for that little movement.

chinnychinchin:
You've only just hatched @ 14 days. Can I ask if you have thick skin vs. thin skin? For us thick-skinned individuals, swelling can take up to a year to run its course. Even @ 5 months post-op my face and profile are still in a state of flux due to a significant amount of residual swelling.

Swelling can skew everything terribly and evoke regret and misdiagnosis. My jaw looked receded as well during my first first few months (my upper lip was huge). Everyday I would toil and fuss whether I should've been more adamant about going for a larger movement. My advice is to give it time and also bring up your concerns with your surgeon.

drizzlesome:

--- Quote from: needadvancement on December 22, 2015, 10:43:31 PM ---Pictures would help us understand better. I find it difficult to see the negatives in a male (who looks too young for his age) who just got himself a masculine, prominent chin and lower jaw, sounds like a dream I'm chasing after.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for replying. I've added before and after photos

drizzlesome:

--- Quote from: chinnychinchin on December 23, 2015, 06:06:29 PM ---You've only just hatched @ 14 days. Can I ask if you have thick skin vs. thin skin? For us thick-skinned individuals, swelling can take up to a year to run its course. Even @ 5 months post-op my face and profile are still in a state of flux due to a significant amount of residual swelling.

Swelling can skew everything terribly and evoke regret and misdiagnosis. My jaw looked receded as well during my first first few months (my upper lip was huge). Everyday I would toil and fuss whether I should've been more adamant about going for a larger movement. My advice is to give it time and also bring up your concerns with your surgeon.

--- End quote ---

Hi Thanks for replying. How could I know if I have a thick or thin skin? Still feel that I have swelling on my face, but I'm not sure whether this is the reason that made me super ugly now..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version